Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thinking about an old Martin T75 sliding table saw for solid wood

Is there a place where you can get scale drawings of diff Riving Knives for different machines. One came with the SCM SI16 and its wrong but still a good start. Interesting its made from aluminum. David Kumm has said about making them out of old saw blades. that seems like a good idea. Bizarre to use a saw with one after never having one but its a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Is there a place where you can get scale drawings of diff Riving Knives for different machines. One came with the SCM SI16 and its wrong but still a good start. Interesting its made from aluminum. David Kumm has said about making them out of old saw blades. that seems like a good idea. Bizarre to use a saw with one after never having one but its a good thing.

Ya, the riving knife would be the easy part. It's the bracket that would be the challenge.

is the mounting bracket cast. If so can someone make a 3D print of it and make a sand casting mold from that ?

I have a T17 with the arbor extension and riving knife assembly intact. I’m happy to take photos when I get back to the shop later on if that would be helpful.

My T17 is intact also and I still have access to my old 75. The 75 has a nicer one with a lever to disengage. The 17 uses the arbor wrench. That one would be easy to reproduce. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks Joe. There are enough pics in this thread, plus what I remember from having the parts to come up with a replacement. I was jut hoping for an easier solution, like say a source for an original, or a reproduction.