Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

1 Apr 2019

Greetings,
    The good news is that my back is getting better. I'll be headed out to the doctor in less than 12 hours from now to see what he says about my back and hip. I'm so ready to get back in the shop and making sawdust once again. I have a lot of stuff to get done but I get the strange feeling that I'll have to do things a bit more slowly than previously.

I hope and pray that I have even better news about my back next week.
    My youngest son is now down to just 2 weeks left in his basic training. I'm so proud of him making it this far. He's in the U.S. Army and I'm a proud papa.!! I'm planning on being at his graduation from basic before he moves on to AIT. My parents weren't there for me so I'm doing everything I can to be there for my kids out of my love and support for them.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis, I hope your back heals well.

My Parent-in-law are selling the farm so I'm the lucky guy that's completing the trim in the house.

I hate doing this however I completed the remaining trim last weekend and the drive needed blowing out, wasn't expecting snow on Sunday......Rod.

Dennis, 'glad things are looking up!

My week was chock full of spending way more hours completing the build of the TwinXL over Queen bunk bed commission than I ever imagined. But it's come together really nicely and all but ready for finishing. That's where there is a small change...there's just no way I'm going to be able to spray this beast effectively given my space and other projects so hand-finishing it is. I have a few potential new jobs coming in, too, which is a nice feeling. So this week it will be working to complete this job and in between coats, I'll hopefully get to cutting up the many fallen ash trees on our property. It's time...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Dennis - I'm glad to hear things are looking up with your back.

This weekend was pretty much a washout for me. I am trying to work 4 more hours per week (for a whopping total of 12/ week), since my Disability insurance seems to this I should be able to. Unfortunately, my body seems to think otherwise. The fatigue was so bad this weekend I was literally sick (like a really bad flu) and I spent both days in my recliner. Oh well, I'll try it again this week, but I'm expecting the same result. If that is the case, I'll have to speak with them again and see what else we can do.

Drove 4 hours (round trip) to pick up a new sawstop, but now I have to wait for the mobile base to arrive. Kinda felt like a kid at Christmas who gets a new toy but doesn't have batteries for it. I am looking forward to setting it up. Wonder how long it will take to process my mail in free mobile base upgrade?

Yikes, I HATE back problems. Prayers for you right now.

One corner of my shop has for the last several weeks has been a bird hatchery. I set up a large digital incubator and hatcher for peafowl (peacock) and guinea eggs and hatched my initial test run, about 40 little chickens. They are about a week old now and are growing fast, some have new wing feathers over 1-1/2" long now.

chicks_incubators.jpg chicks_3_19_B.jpg chicks_3_19_A.jpg

I also turned some more wooden eggs including a couple of peacock eggs to use for decoys. We use decoy eggs to encourage the hens to lay their eggs in certain spots. This shows the difference in size between chicken and peacock, turned from olive and maple.

eggs_chicken_and_peacock.jpg

JKJ