Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Time for a new bandsaw...help me out...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Joki View Post
    I have a Laguna 14SUV bandsaw (currently with a 3/4" Resaw King) and their 6" Sheartec II jointer. Absolutely love them both. A little bit bigger for both would have been nice, but not essential for my needs. Space and budget were certainly factors, and I think that I got a lot of quality for my money. BTW, I got the bandsaw on a scratch sale, but there is no visible scratch to be found. Morgan was more than helpful. Next is a Fusion III table saw.
    Morgan helped me out on my 14BX 220v also on a 'scratch sale' but it showed up flawless. I also have the same jointer and couldn't be happier (unless I had an 8" jointer).

Here's a good deal if you want to take a little drive. Unfortunaty it is 3ph and resaw capacity is only 9".

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...878451075.html

IMO Grizzly's mediocre reputation for quality and customer service is a remnant from 10+ years ago and they have come a long way in those years. I really like that you can order nearly any part for a Grizzly machine directly from their webpage and that the majority of parts are in stock and reasonably priced. This contrasts significantly with horror stories about long waits for expensive parts from Laguna

I have 17" Grizzly bandsaws at work and home and find them to be durable, capable workhorses. I have the 025"x1/2" TriMaster in it which will resaw green or dry, do a nice job with tenons and details and is small enough to do arcs and such which a 1" blade would struggle with.

I think much of Grizzly's reputation of lesser quality is also due to their image and catalog vs retail(Rikon) and niche(Laguna) brands.

If I were in the same boat as you, I would probably be buying a Grizzly G0514X2 or for a bit less $ the G0513X2F.
    Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)