Thread: Just received the upgrade DVR for Nova 1624-44

Just received the upgrade DVR for Nova 1624-44

Does anyone know past the supplied manual how to take advantage of all the features of this motor? I am trying to get Nova and the manufacture to send a comprehensive manuel to operate this motor. So far it seems no one wants to send me more information. There is a stepping function and a screen that follows that is Greek to me" What the heck does ktint+/-kprop mean." For example. There is much more I do not understand. Please help me, Roger.

I just replied to your question on my post, I too am puzzled about some of these functions ?

Roger, sent a P M, or at least tried to.
    C&C WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by Roger M. Davis View Post
    What the heck does ktint+/-kprop mean." For example. There is much more I do not understand.
    Those are gain constants for the PID controller. Ktint is the integral time constant gain and Kprop is the control system proportional gain constant. These parameters optimize the control system for the best response to a step input with minimum overshoot. Now that you know, hopefully you also know not to monkey around with those parameters. At best, changing these parameters would degrade system performance. At worst, changing these parameters could make the system either unstable or non functional.
    Bill