Thread: Power feeder bracket - help needed

Question Power feeder bracket - help needed

So, what am I doing wrong here? This is the feeder bracket that Felder sent based on my saw model number and it fits my machine but the gas strut appears to be too strong for my feeder. Short of strapping it down is there any obvious thing I might have done wrong?

for back story, my KF500 did not have the holes for the lower strut bracket predrilled so I determined the position by rotating the tilt plate through its motions to find the high point of its arc. I did this with the strut and bracket installed because the strut shipped in what looked to be the fully extended position.

Is my gas strut just too Strong? Do they break in given some time? Is my power feeder and stand too light? Is it possible that the strut was only partially extended when received and I mounted the bracket to high? To sure if they are like car shocks and fully extend or if there is additional outward movement that would allow me to drop the bracket some.

Not sure which way to go from here so looking for tips. Thanks

C39DD494-E7D5-438C-86C6-4608F2AA5F83.jpg

42DE8B44-EDAF-4C1E-A197-5A9986F4A053.jpg

97E6720E-03AD-4DB5-9C71-65B43344BF43.jpg

You need to adjust where the PF sits before rotating under the table. Your balance point is off right now, so it is hanging with part of the bracket above the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Shipton View Post
    You need to adjust where the PF sits before rotating under the table. Your balance point is off right now, so it is hanging with part of the bracket above the table.
    +1. If you push the feeder outboard farther does the weight over-power the strut?

Pushing it further out does over power the strut but it also blocks my walkway. I was hoping to have it more tucked in and to the side when not in use. Guess the only way to do that would be without the strut or with a lower power strut.

... or an added counterweight (tie on a sandbag or hunk of metal)

This gets it in a good bit and holds it down without removing strut. Wish it would tuck in closer though.

8CC64272-7698-4B52-8E46-4F5B1A18D9B2.jpg