Thread: Item stuck in tailstock, can't seem to remove

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Item stuck in tailstock, can't seem to remove

I just recently purchased a used Vicmarc VL100 lathe used from a school nearby that had 3 for sale up on an auction site. I also bought a MT2 live center for it after verifying in the manual that was the size it took. Unfortunately, there seems to be something jammed or put in there on purpose.

At first I thought it was maybe an adapter sleeve to go from MT2 to MT1, but I measured the opening and am pretty sure that isn't it either. It is 0.38 inches in diameter. The hole also goes all the way through to I can't put a rod from the backend all the way out the front

I've tried about everything I can think of to get it out but have been unsuccessful so far. I've tried wrenching it, PB blaster, heating it up, screwing a bolt extractor in and then a rod to try and pound it out, a combination of all the above.

I'd love any suggestions someone might have to remove it. I'm at the point now where I'll try about anything. Also, if someone knows what it maybe, that would at least be interesting at this point
    Attached Images Attached Images