Thread: Fuji 5070 HVLP Gun

Fuji 5070 HVLP Gun

I've got a Fuji Mini-Mite 5 setup, and I love it. It really works great; I don't have a ton of experience with sprayers and I've really had great luck with this one since I got it.

I want to get a second sprayer so I can use one for latex and one for clear finishes. I looked into a second gun and they're $340, which seems hilariously expensive. So, I guess my question is, for someone who knows a lot about these things, is the gun actually that much better than the other options that would work with this setup? I don't want to be penny wise, pound foolish, but it seems that most guns are well under $100, so I'm trying to justify this (or not) in my mind.

Might you be able to get a new air cap for your paint and then just a different cup? I have heard good things about the 3m pps cup system.

I have the same Fuji Mini-Mite 5 except I have the T75G gravity gun. I also wanted a second gun for latex and was looking for something a little less expensive than a second T75G. After considerable research I ordered a second T75G from Mike Smith of HVLPTEK.com at a nice discount. I used it to spray some exterior latex this past weekend, thinned about 10% using a 2.0 air cap. I also have a 2.5 air cap but it wasn't needed as I got good results with the 2.0 cap. I guess the bottom line is that I couldn't fine another gun I thought would be as suitable as a second Fuji.