Thread: getting started with incra LS...new helpful videos on U-tube

getting started with incra LS...new helpful videos on U-tube

Do a search on u-tube for "thewoodgrafter" with a G not a C....how to make a box joint with Incra LS. Andy has published 5 videos on the LS which are more useful than anything Incra has provided. Unboxing, assembly, how to box joint, how to blind dovetail, how to thru dovetail. Checklists on how to make each joint. This is very very good stuff for someone just getting started with the LS. It looks like thru dovetails will be a big problem if you do not have a thickness planer which is necessary to obtain the perfect stock thickness

I would like to hear from some experienced LS users for suggestions on wood thickness, bit height settings etc to help neophytes get started. My Whiteside 605 set arrived today so I am about to lose my virginity.

I have used the ls for a few years. The best advice is to make more pieces than you need for your joints so that you can test and dial in on scrap.

The cuts never become intuitive. Following a checklist or the manual every time is necessary for me.

prashum...do i need to be a contributor in order to send you a private message

Thanks for posting, he's got lots of videos....

when making box joints on a template that suggests 1/4 inch stock thickness......will it work with 3/8 inch stock