Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Complete!

Mt. Juliet, TN/ on the road full time in 38' Fleetwood Revolution Motor Home

Kitchen Complete!

After 3 years I finally finished our kitchen. The glass front cabinets and the granite on the island were recently completed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work. I like the varying heights of the upper cabinets with the glass display cabs above. Neat touch.
    And the white hutch with the tv is a nice break from all the same natural wood cabs.

Nice colors, Bill.

I just finished my 1950's kitchen after eighteen months, and I know how you feel. Coupla' questions and comments. I like your accent glass doors above the main cabinet doors. I'm not much for all glass, but I like the break-up. Is that a counter-top burner in the island? I see you used a granite backsplash. Everywhere I look, the "decorator" goes without the backsplash and uses another tile or texture instead. I, too, went with the four inch granite backsplash. Great minds.....well. And, I also used white appliances. I'll post my reason when I post my kitchen later, but would like your reasons. Thanks for the post on a job well done.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

You Did That??

Very nice work. Cabinets, floor, granite counter top & walls all go together nicely. The finish work looks superb. You should be proud of this fine kitchen. Now go cook something.

Mt. Juliet, TN/ on the road full time in 38' Fleetwood Revolution Motor Home

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Phelps
    I just finished my 1950's kitchen after eighteen months, and I know how you feel. Coupla' questions and comments. I like your accent glass doors above the main cabinet doors. I'm not much for all glass, but I like the break-up. Is that a counter-top burner in the island? I see you used a granite backsplash. Everywhere I look, the "decorator" goes without the backsplash and uses another tile or texture instead. I, too, went with the four inch granite backsplash. Great minds.....well. And, I also used white appliances. I'll post my reason when I post my kitchen later, but would like your reasons. Thanks for the post on a job well done.
    The Island Has A JenAire Downdraft Glass top stove and the granite backsplash came with the counter top installation. LOML is still undecided if it stays.

Bill, WOW! Very nice work. The wife must be thrilled. I also like the TV hutch. Adds a nice touch. Congratulations. Bill

Fantastic Job Bill. Your wife must be thrilled to have such a beautiful workspace. I take it you made it all, cabinet doors included? I also am fond of the use of different materials/finishes to break up the monotony of all wood cabs. Using a varity, if done tastefully like yours, really bring out the beauty of the surrounding wood. Thanks for posting the pics.

Nice work Bill. I see you are on "woodworker" time too
    Dennis

Fantastic looking kitchen Bill! I hope my wife doesn't see that........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

What did you do for the staining? I like the whitewashed or pickle look. I've always wondered what the best way to creat that look is. You'res looks a lot like a look I need to creat on a project I have starting in April.

Thanks,

John

Bill, very nice work. I too am working on a kitchen and you have set the bar pretty high. I agree with other poster, I hope my wife does not see these. More and bigger pictures . . . . please.

L

Nice job. Bill. I like the combination of materials, and it looks like a very nice kitchen to work in.

- Vaughn

Very nice job, Bill. I remember the day I "finished" ours and it really felt good to look at things and know that not only did the house get an upgrade, but that I did the work personally. I hope you feel the same way...your work looks great!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    WOW, nice work! Can’t let the wife see this one, not that I could do anywhere as good as that...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Super job! Been there, done that, didn't buy the t shirt. But you have lots of "honey do" points in the bank now that the job is done. Of course, because you did such a wonderful job, others are soon to follow.

Let's see is there a bathroom remodel on the project horizon.

Seriously, this is a major piece of very well designed and executed work. Enjoy the kudos.

Jay