Thread: Delta TP400LS

Delta TP400LS

I getting a used Delta TP400LS this weekend. I checked Lowes' site for replacement knives, but didn't find any. It uses the 22-562 set, I believe.

Does anyone know of any good sources? I'm not in a major hurry for them because the current knives have one new edge left.

I am guessing you are getting this from the guy on Craig's list? If so, doh!! I responded to him a few minutes ago and then seached here and saw your post. Looks like you beat me to it. Good find. Sorry I can't help you with the replacement knives. Enjoy the new toy.

Steve

Nope, not Craigslist. This guy is local to me.

Got a link to the Craiglist planer?

I just found it on Craigslist. Yep, that's the one. Sorry about that.

Are you in the Houston area too?

Yea, it had to be the same one as you said one side of the blade was new. I am in the NW side of town. I live in Fairfield off of HWY 290.

Steve

I'm right down the road from you in Copperfield, just off 290 and 6. It looks like there are a few of us on here from this side of town.

That is good to know when I need to borrow a planer. I am just starting out in woodworking and plan on starting my first real project. I am going to make the easel from New Yankee Workshop for my 15 month old daughter. The only other thing I have made before is a full size 10 person poker table but that was pretty easy and only needed to use a router and circle jig.

Steve

Northwest Houston/Harris County In The House!!!

I saw the one in Craig's List this morning too and would have been trying for it if I didn't already have a DeWalt DW735 on order. By the way, I'm in Cypress, just about mid-distance between you two, but probably closer to Steven. I can almost see the Cypress-Rose Hill Wal-Mart from my house.

NOW I know where to call for help!!!!

Mickey

It is good to know there are a few people up in this side of town. If you need any help please let me know. I have quite a few tools including a DeWalt DW744 portable table saw, DeWalt DW718 sliding miter saw, DeWalt biscuit joiner, DeWalt 3 base router set, router circle guides, tru grip pro straight edges and a bunch of other stuff. If you need to use something let me know.

Steve

Do your circle cutting jigs go up to around 55" in diameter? I was thinking of converting my PC edge guide to a circle cutting jig.

I'll have to sit down and inventory my garage. I think I've forgotten some of my tools. I've been doing some home improvement stuff around the house and haven't had a chance to do any fine woodworking. That'll change in '06.

The circle jig I have is the Jasper 300J and it only goes up to 52 3/4" in diameter. It works very well and has 1/16" increments by using a combination of 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" bits. I also have a Lewin and it is not as nice.

http://estore.websitepros.com/993129/Detail.bok?no=3

Steve
    Last edited by Steven Kamp; 12-15-2005 at 8:50 PM.

Welcome to the Creek, Steve! And do get together with your local woodworking community. You may want to put your town/state in your user profile so others can recognise that you are local to them...just click on "User CP" at the top of the forum.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Welcome to the Creek, Steve! And do get together with your local woodworking community. You may want to put your town/state in your user profile so others can recognise that you are local to them...just click on "User CP" at the top of the forum.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning a lot from the experts! I went ahead and added my town to my profile.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Elam
    I saw the one in Craig's List this morning too and would have been trying for it if I didn't already have a DeWalt DW735 on order. By the way, I'm in Cypress, just about mid-distance between you two, but probably closer to Steven. I can almost see the Cypress-Rose Hill Wal-Mart from my house.

NOW I know where to call for help!!!!

Mickey
    Mikey,
    Did you get the refurb DW735 or new? I was looking at the refurb one. For $350.00 it is a great deal.

Steve