Thread: Old Delta Unisaw assistance

Old Delta Unisaw assistance

I have an opportunity to obtain an old Delta Unisaw. The problem...........

The saw is in a whole lot of pieces, really small peices. It appears that someone took it apart to refurbish it. It is painted Yellow and Green (reminds of my old shop days in high shool).

I was not able to locate any numbers on the cabinet. Is there any place I can obtain a parts manuel and parts list so I would know if all the parts are there.

I already see the switch is missing and there appears to have been something screwed to the motor that is no longer there. There also in no fence (not a problem).

It was in a storage unit a friend of mine bought for $35.00.

Norm
    Norm

hi norm
    the unisaw does not have all that many parts per se. I say go for it. you can't buy a decent blade for 35 bucks
    lou

There are parts lists and manuals for virtually every model Unisaw available for download at OWWM.com. Here's the link to the Delta page:
    http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Publications.asp?ID=1141
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Unisaw Help

If the saw is really old, all cast iron frame and base, I think the model plate was mounted on the underside of the table itself. I just rebuilt a 1970's vintage and it's quite simple. www.acetoolrepair.com also has manuals for virtually all unisaws. www.deltawoodworking.com also has manual and parts breakdown for most models. Do a ggogle search for rebuilds also.

you can also go to the Delta site and download the manual. If the saw is really old, you might be able to find the serial number on the tilt guide ( I just restored a 1940 Unisaw with S/N M271 on the tilt guide). OWWM is a great resource. There are several links there that will point you in the right direction.

If you want to paint it back to the proper color, just take something on the saw with the original color and take it to Lowes or Home Depot and get them to match it in a good enamel. Mine was green and yellow, too.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24750

Remember, when you get it, we will want to see pictures.
    Last edited by Ernie Hobbs; 12-17-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC