I picked up a used Powermatic 66 for real cheap at an auction ($150). It could use a little work (the motor cover and dust door are missing). It has a 3hp 3 phase motor and I'm thinking of putting on a VFD since this might live in my basement (wanted a saw there for some time vs going to the shop each time I need a table saw or use my portable DeWalt) but it would be nice if I sell it that anyone with single phase power could still buy it. It's a gold one with the American flag stickers all over it. Hopefully next week I'll go pick it up.

I've read plenty about VFDs with some saying the cheaper brands are just fine while others seam to disagree. Is it worth spending the extra money on something like the Teco FM50-203-C (or another name brand)? I assume the American flag means assembled in the US? I haven't seen it in person, actually I placed the bid on a whim not expecting to get it. I figure it's cheap enough so I should be able to repair anything that's worn or just part it out without loosing my shirt. The saw has a blade guard on it that looks to be mounted to the rear of the blade. Did any of these 66 come with a riving knife or have the ability to add one?

Probably the VFD is the first issue so I can test it out.