Thread: Mark Singer - Router Bits And Schmaltz Bearings

Mark Singer - Router Bits And Schmaltz Bearings

I personally like my schmaltz bearings on Sunday mornings.
    Montreal bagels.... a shmeer of Winnipeg cream cheese.
    Schoen, fehrtig.

My Pa and I used to love this combo.
    The only way to cut through the onions was with water glasses filled mit a bissel Bronfmann.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like the way schmaltz herring smells.
    And the Bronfmann's declasse - her perspective, not mine!

So now it's Single Malt Irish Whiskey, Atlantic smoked salmon, New York bagels and lo-fat cream cheese.

Her family's been here since the late 1870's; my parents were allowed into Canada in 1947.

So it's the Cleavers square off against an exponent (me) from the Northwest of Poland and the foothills of the Carpathian mountains....

It's taken years of negotiations to have my wife include garlic in chicken soup....

Howard
    P.S. - I saw the article (artikkle) about Michael Hurwitz. Very impressive. Certainly gave him lots of room to express himself.
    Howard Rosenberg

Howard , my roots grow back to the same area of Eastern Europe as yours..my Grandparents on both sides came to New York as young adults ...met , married and gave birth to my parents . They met in upstate New York at Flagglers Hotel where my Father was working and my Mother vacationing with her parents. My Father was a Brooklyn boy...my Mother a girl from the Lower East Side of Manhattan...3rd and Ave. C ...now called Alphabet City...
    Now it gets interesting...my Wife is from Peru...Trujillo to be exact. Her mother half Peruvian and half Chinese...her Father... from Valencia , Spain and exiled by Franco during the Revolution of the 20's...he was a Sephardi Jew..
    So my kids, not eactly kids anymore are wonderful mutts...Heintz almost 57 varieties.
    So my Giflte Fish...is often Ceviche...although Myriam can make the authentic variety..
    Last night we went out for great Pastrami sandwiches on wonderful Rye with half sour pickles and a salty, smart watress...I thought I was at Ratners' on the Lower East Side again.....I was just a few miles down the road in Dana Point...
    It is a good thing to know who we are and from where we came...it is your beginings and should be remembered and celebrated....not done often enough in our contemprary society where such things seem to disolve quickly with media hype into a universal beige blurr....
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

schmaltz?

ah, the joy of rendered chicken fat cooked slowly with onions and kosher salt. awesome on a good fresh challah. my first job was bread and bagel baker in NY. Still have scars to prove it.

Just returned from NY for business. Awesome corned beef and pastrami at 2nd Avenue Deli.

Tzimmiz anybody?

This ain't woodworking, but just thinking about this stuff made me salivate. I grew up in Queens. Now in Atlanta, home BBQ and fried chicken -with nothing else worth eating.
    Scott