Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Music

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    One classic that we always play a lot is the Michael W. Smith "Christmas" album.

And if you want to get really obscure. Probably our favourite work is by an independant duo from Western Michigcan named "Grooters and Beal". Don't bother looking for them in your store as they don't have a record contract, all their CD's are independantly produced. However I did check amazon, and there is a vendor there selling their 2-cd christmas set.
    A great mix of mostly original rock-n-roll christmas music (These are Christian artists, and that infuses their songs).
    Art, I agree with the Michael W. Smith CD. I'll have to look into Grooters and Beal. Others I like are: Phillips, Craig and Dean "Repeat the Sounding Joy" (they do a fair rendition of the Chipmunks Christmas song),Steven Curtis Chapman "The Music of Christmas", 4Him "Christmas the Season of Love", Wayne Watson "One Christmas Eve",Michael Card "The Promise", and Brian Duncan's "Christmas is Jesus" (I especially like- I heard The Bells On Christmas Day that goes from making you feel you are outside on a snowy evening listening to a Christmas concert, into a very upbeat version of Angels We Have Heard On High...Stereo always gets cranked up on this). If you like acapella music, Glad's Voices of Christmas, and An Acapella Christmas, and First Call's 2 Christmas albums An Evening in December, and I can't remember the earlier one's name are good as is the Take 6 album (simply amazing vocals).
    LOML and I usually try to buy a new Christmas album each year. Haven't even gone to look this year. I think I feel a trip to see what's new in the works. Maybe I'll try Grooters and Beal. Merry Christmas all!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Ronnis Milsap does a rendition of "O Holy Night" that will give you chills. IMO, the he does that song better than anyone. Other than that, I like most all Christmas Music. TSO does amazing work........if you ever get a opportunity to see them live, you won't be sorry!