Thread: Black Friday & Dewalt

Black Friday & Dewalt

I’ve wanted a 10” double bevel Dewalt slider saw for some time. Go to any site and price. If u can find one. It’s usually 449$ vs 399$ for 12”. What gives? Would I be happy with 12”? Blades cost more. I build guitars, seems over kill. Home Depot has it at $399 with free roller bench ($200 value). Should I just go for that?

Mike I agree I don't need 12'' either but there seems like a shortage of the 10'' . I personally have 10'' blades that would add up for a loss if I got a 12'' saw ( I have been looking my self) From what I have reed the 12'' have more deflection as well. I personlly would like to find a soft start one as we have a DeWalt 779 at work and boy do you have to hang on when it starts up
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Yeah, I font get it. I’d be super happy with 10” if I could find it

Not to start a this vs. that war...but if you don't need the portability of the miter saw, a 50's to 60's Dewalt radial arm saw might really do a better job for fine work. Right blades and good set-up and they are solid saws. My 1957 GWI is a 12" saw, but i run a 10" full kerf with a -5 deg rake--cuts are dead on all the time. Probably half the money, including building a new table (and maybe replacing motor bearings).
    I do have the Dewalt 12" slider as well--even with a 1/8" blade and a stabilizer, there's still some flex in the blade. Bought it to replace an old craftsman RAS, but after a year or so went to the Dewalt RAS and the miter saw is now mostly used for "home DIY" cutting. Good saw, but not for butt joints or picture frames.
    Your mileage may vary.
    earl

Earl McLain: is on to it! The ol' RAS is also very good at dadoes.