Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powwermatic Machinery Gold Paint for 82-03 MY's?

Hi Allan, i know it's been awhile but do you have a picture of the Rustoleum can you used? There are none i can find that are specifically called "metallic Gold"

or a picture of it sprayed, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    I did an extensive search on this a few years ago, as I wanted to repaint my '87 PM100.
    I never did repaint the old girl, but of all the suggestions I found this seemed the most promising:

(And was backed up by several other posters agreeing)

Rustoleum Metallic - “Metallic Gold”

quote: "This is EXACTLY the same color and look. It literally disappears into the old paint."

I did use it for a few painting frames I made for Mom, and it looked about as identical to my particular planer as one could hope for.

You can buy it in non-spray cans, & so thin it & spray it yourself, if you want.
    I would certainly give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Neuroth View Post
    Hi Allan, i know it's been awhile but do you have a picture of the Rustoleum can you used? There are none i can find that are specifically called "metallic Gold" or a picture of it sprayed, thank you!
    Hey, just so you know, Allan hasn’t been here since September 2022.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Andrew, I don't think Metallic Gold is still in production. I used Rustoleum Pure Gold 245221 on a couple of PM 80's machines last year. It will work if you are painting the entire machine but it's a shade off original. From my research touch up paint for that vintage PM does not exist unless you get an automotive paint supply that can custom match for you. Good luck.

It should not be a RAL number it should be a 595 number. No idea which system Asia uses for paint colors. My Harrison lathe is a standard RAL green color even though it was first painted in 1976.
    595 has been expanded to 650 now.
    Bill D.
    Site linked has decent color samples to view for free.

https://www.milspeccoating.com/Feder...olors-s/41.htm

I believe my green powermatic is about a RAL 6000 color.
    The gold will be somewhere around 1000
    Bill D.
    https://www.ralcolorchart.com/ral-classic/green-hues

It used to be at Home Depot when they custom mixed a color for you the label had a useful recipe. How much volume of each collarant was added ounces plus drops? For black, white, yellow red etc.
    Now it says the same but just a inventory number for each colorant with no indication of what those colors are.
    IF you go back and say "add a little more yellow" they have no idea what you mean. They do not publish the inventory numbers for the colarants so good luck.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    It used to be at Home Depot when they custom mixed a color for you the label had a useful recipe. How much volume of each collarant was added ounces plus drops? For black, white, yellow red etc.
    What "base" is used also matters, not just what collarant is added
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...