Thread: Cadmium H-Frame Easel

Cadmium H-Frame Easel

A friend of mine has asked me to build this artist easel for him. Just wondering if anyone here has built this plan and could offer any tips based on experience?

You're referring to a plan available here? https://artisteaselplans.com/portfol...workId=2024916

I do not think cadniukm has much strength by itself to support anything. It is a heavy metal and make sure you use all the safety precautions wehn working with it. Similar to lead as far a safety Dust containment, I would not use. any powered dust control whn cutting. , wash before eating etc.
    I assume like most heavy metals there is no treatment and it stays in the body until death. so long term exposure just adds up until the syptoms kill you.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I do not think cadniukm has much strength by itself to support anything. It is a heavy metal and make sure you use all the safety precautions wehn working with it. Similar to lead as far a safety Dust containment, I would not use. any powered dust control whn cutting. , wash before eating etc.
    I assume like most heavy metals there is no treatment and it stays in the body until death. so long term exposure just adds up until the syptoms kill you.
    Bil lD
    Not sure how the Cadmium name came about. This is a wooden easel and I will be using white oak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    You're referring to a plan available here? https://artisteaselplans.com/portfol...workId=2024916
    This is the exact one.

I made one for my wife a few years ago. I don't recall any particular difficulties. I made a few changes. Added a sliding dovetail here and there, used nicer hardware, made countersinks for the t-bolts so they wouldn't spin (pinned some too), etc. Nothing major. I made mine out of cherry. I made a box for the counterweight. Turns out, two 350Z front rotors are the perfect weight!). My wife has really enjoyed using it and has painted many paintings on it. Good design.
    IMG_0609 (Small).JPG