Hi all. I've been using semi-finished space in the basement for a workshop. It has tile floors at present. We want to extend our French drain system to include this space, which means the tile floor is going to go-- which is okay, since parts of it aren't in great shape anyway. We are interested in putting some other kind of flooring in its place, and on the concrete floor in the rest of the basement. I haven't loved tile because it's been cold, hard on the feet, and has a tendency to collect dust in the grout, despite the dust management system I have in place. Epoxy is a possibility-- still cold and hard, but at least smooth-- but the warranty seems to not be great, with most companies we've talked to only giving us a year. That makes me think that even with good water management in place, it might not be great to withstand being on a belowgrade slab.

Another option is vinyl plank with moderate or thicker wear layer, and maybe with a subfloor like Delta-FL in case of residual moisture issues. I haven't heard of people trying out vinyl plank in a workshop, however. I have a contractor-style table saw that does get rolled around from time to time, and ditto with a dust collector. Not lots and lots of rolling, but some, and I am unsure about the durability of vinyl plank under those circumstances. Anyone have experience with either expoxy or vinyl plank in a basement workshop space? Thanks!