Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staple Gun

Staple Gun

I haven't checked tol prices lately. Who has the best price on a 1/4" narrow crown, pneumatic staple gun.

Thanks fo the help.
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Quote Originally Posted by W.C. Turner
    I haven't checked tol prices lately. Who has the best price on a 1/4" narrow crown, pneumatic staple gun.

Thanks fo the help.
    wc,
    about 2 mths ago i got one the the 1/4x2" pneumo staplers from harbour freight. it's held up well. the only problem i've found is with the 2" staples and something hard like oak. they have a little trouble with the oak, but the 1 1/2" staples do fine.
    they handle birch fine and that's what i usually need it for.
    for $25 i figured i couldn't loose too much.

cya
    brad
    The Country Toad Workshop Rogersville, Al

I like the PC and/or Senco and usually buy pneumatic guns from Coastal Tool. Great service from these folks, too. My stapler is an Accuset which was made by Senco. That brand is no longer available, but the equivalent Senco should be just as nice.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-09-2003 at 9:56 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries

Staple Guns

W.C.
    I have the PC staple gun and I like it except for one thing. It has a small piece that you have to install when shooting longer or shorter staples (I can't remember which one). I probably wouldn't buy another PC because of this. I don't know about the other brands, maybe they are all like this. Something you might want to check on. Just my 2 cents.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Brad: I tried a cheap one from H.F., and because the recoil caused the staple to be fired about a 1/4" inch from the intended target, I returned it.

Jim: I've got a PC brad nailer I like, and Senco also is good. Can these be seen on Coastal website, and could you give me their web address?

Von: Is your model a P.Cable, and is it the #NS150A, that fires the 1/2" to 1-1/2", 18 gauge staples? That's the first I've heard of having to install a small piece when firing different size staples. Is it a lot of trouble to do this install?

Thanks all,
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Von: I take that back, I just read description in a catalog. It says, " Your stapler kit includes a staple guide to convert to 1/2 to 1 inch staples".

But, is it a lot of trouble to have to install it?

Thanks,
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Jim: I've got a PC brad nailer I like, and Senco also is good. Can these be seen on Coastal website, and could you give me their web address?
    Coastal Tool

While you're there, check out the Flexeel hose...I have a review of it on my site and it's the best thing I've ever used. Stays flexible in the winter, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Coastal Tool

While you're there, check out the Flexeel hose...I have a review of it on my site and it's the best thing I've ever used. Stays flexible in the winter, too.
    Thanks, Jim!
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Coastal Tool

Coastal is a good outfit..... near the office. It's close enough to be convenient when I need something, but far enough away that I can't justify going and spending money daily. The only problem is the 6% (soon to be more) CT sales tax. Dave.

Coastal

Looks like the only drawback is their $7.50 shipping. Amazon has free shipping if the order is over $25. Not sure when that expires.

The air hose I'm currently using is 3/8" ID, but I can't remember what I used to determine to use 3/8" as opposed to 1/4"ID. I guess I just figured, like Tim "The Toolman Taylor", bigger is better.

Does anybody know the requirments for using one size over another?

Thanks,
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Looks like the only drawback is their $7.50 shipping. Amazon has free shipping if the order is over $25. Not sure when that expires.

The air hose I'm currently using is 3/8" ID, but I can't remember what I used to determine to use 3/8" as opposed to 1/4"ID. I guess I just figured, like Tim "The Toolman Taylor", bigger is better.

Does anybody know the requirments for using one size over another?

Thanks,
    Can't say I know the exact requirements, but it's generally based on two things: hose length and air consumption. Longer length from the compressor and you need a larger hose (If I were to go 150' from my compressor, I would make sure that the 1st 50' were 3/8 and the rest could be 1/4 for nail guns and the like). Also, if you are running tools with higher air requirements, such as sprayguns, impact wrenches, sanders, go with larger hose. A side benefit to more/larger hose is the additional air storage capacity.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Yea, Amazon has free shipping, but when I had a little issue with the free brad nailer that came with my new Senco framing gun...I had a new one in my hand the next day from Coastal. Sometimes I'm willing to pay a little more for that kind of attention. (And this coming from someone who benefits from folks linking to Amazon from my site...)
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Yea, Amazon has free shipping, but when I had a little issue with the free brad nailer that came with my new Senco framing gun...I had a new one in my hand the next day from Coastal. Sometimes I'm willing to pay a little more for that kind of attention. (And this coming from someone who benefits from folks linking to Amazon from my site...)
    I've never had a problem with Amazon. Course, I bought a lot from them, back when they were trying to build up their following, and before they were trying to make money. So, it may be different now.

Thanks,
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

I've never had a problem with Amazon. Course, I bought a lot from them, back when they were trying to build up their following, and before they were trying to make money. So, it may be different now.
    I didn't mean to imply anything bad about Amazon/Toolcrib...they are great and I buy from them frequently. I was only saying that for this particular item, I've found that I like to do business with a different vendor due to the excellent service they have rendered. I try to help those kind of folks stay in business when I can!!
    --

Wc

I have the same PC stapler. It is not a huge trouble, unless you go back and forth all the time in the middle of a job. I actually have two 1/4" crown staplers, so the smaller one is used for shorter staples and the PC is used for longer. It saves me the trouble. Why have two? I first got a great deal on a CH version, then needed a longer staple so went with a better PC. I have several PC guns and think they are pretty darn good for the money. The Senco's are great but cost more.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs