Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indecision paralysis: workbench edition

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    Thanks. It is, I've spoken it daily for decades now. It can be so vague as to appear to say nothing at times
    Mike,

Try speaking and understanding Texan while living with a Scot .

ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken hatch View Post
    Mike,

ken
    I fail to see the problem here....

Divided by a common language

Quote Originally Posted by ken hatch View Post
    Mike,

ken
    Back in my courting daze, my future wife and I visited her former classmate in NorTex, town of Denton.

They both speak the flat, received pronunciation of most college educated Americans.

Afterwards, we stopped at a DQ for soft serve and were flummoxed when the sweet young thing behind the counter repeatedly asked, "Wot saws?" was desired.

In frustration, she clarified small, medium or lahj.

We eventually moved to Coastal Mass, where it's worse.

Arkansas vs New Hampshire.....with an Ohio Mick to translate....was a good thing I spoke Ohio Hillbilly as well....

OP...just get a couple 2 x 12 x 8"....lay them on your current bench.....keep trying different lengths ( and heights) until you find what fits....you. Nobody else on this site ill be using YOUR bench...so, it is up to you to find out what fits you.....and the space in which you have to work in.

Lastly...it is a WORK bench...not "Fine Furniture" or an "Alter to the Woodworking Gods". Save all the fancy wood for a nice table, or cabinet. Because, every nick or hole that shows up on the surface of a bench tells a story. A "Pristine" and flawless and spotless bench....usually means nothing was getting done on it.

Sorry, Mike. I did not intend to be glib. What I meant to the OP was: Don't spend a great deal of time or money on this bench so that eventually, when you realize what is important to you, you can scrap this bench without regret.