Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BESSEY K-Body REVO Clamps! Where is best place to buy them?

FWIW, I cut my teeth with Pony pipe clamps in cabinet shops, and have a fair gob of them now. Maybe 15 years ago, bought a few old style Bessey K Bodies. Struggled with their clumsiness at first, but came to like the way they clamp for many operations. Bought a used collection of newer style K Body right here to increase the herd. Along the way I bought some original Jorgensen parallels and they raised the ante on the "big and clumsy". I rarely reach for them first.

Just recently, I decided I needed more shorter parallels and purchased Jet and K Body Junior to try out. Really think I could come to love the positive placement of sliding jaw on the Jet, but they also fit into the big and clumsy category. Not quite the Jorgys in heft, but not far behind. I have yet to use the K Juniors, but think I'll like them. I suspect they'll fill a space between the 3700 series Jorgensen bar clamps, of which I have many, and the bigger parallels.

In my search, I did a lot of price comparisons. For full size Besseys, I'm sorry to say HD had best pricing by a few dollars. They don't carry either of the clamps recently purchased so those came from Infinity and Acme Tool.
    Last edited by Peter Rawlings; 03-21-2020 at 3:38 PM.

Peter, I don't have any of the so-called K-juniors, but I do have some of the lighter UniClamps and really like them for general utility.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    I am with Zac on this one. I will note that I have no experience with Bessey,just parallel clamps in general. I had 10 Jorgensen parallel clamps for about 7-8 years,tried really hard to like them but found everything Zac said true. Heavy ,clunky ,finicky,awkward,weak. I sold mine about 2 months ago for what I paid for them,could'nt be happier. I may eventually try another brand,but honestly have found nothing that I can not accomplish with pipe clamps.
    Count me in... or off the Bessey K-Body bandwagon. Have had about 10 of them for nearly twenty years. Rarely use them and when I do, I am reminded why I rarely use them. Anyone want them for free, come on by and they are yours. I live 15 mins north of DFW. Won’t ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sincerbeaux View Post
    Count me in... or off the Bessey K-Body bandwagon. Have had about 10 of them for nearly twenty years. Rarely use them and when I do, I am reminded why I rarely use them.
    I have tons of parallel clamps (literally, it sometimes seems!) of various brands, including Besseys. Those things are heavy! The Dubuque "Universal Bar Clamps" from toolsforworkingwood.com are IMO just as good for most purposes, and super light, while being not at all lightweight. They're also half the price, and they do bulk pricing on top of that.

Here's the link: https://toolsforworkingwood.com/store/item/MS-ABAR.XX