Thread: Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw Stepped Cut Blade Wobble

Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw Stepped Cut Blade Wobble

Hi. I am getting a stepped cut when I take 2 cuts going through thick stock. It's always to the left of the blade. When I push through with 1 cut I don't get it. I've clamped to the left and right and get the same thing. My previous saw was a 10" Makita. I have had some nasty, not kickback, but cutoffs shooting out the back like a bullet that left dents in the wall when I didn't let the blade come to a complete stop. And i know I should let it stop. Just that the Makita was more forgiving. It would just gently be pushed back if at all. The saw is now bolted to the bench and the bench is bolted to the floor and both are extremely solid with no vibrations. I may have damaged something. Once or twice, prior to letting the blade stop completely and lifting it I have heard a cutoff ping between the blade and fence very harshly. I am not sure if this is from going from a 10" to a 12", the blade, the fence design or me. So I unplug the saw and grab the blade and can feel a wobble, it's not the blade flexing, it's a wobble. But I went to the store where I got it and the display has the same wobble. I also took the flange that the blade arbor hole goes on and tried it on a new blade and maybe it's a little better fit. It didn't always make this stepped cut. Has anyone changed the flange/washers, the shaft or the bearings? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.IMG_1294(1).jpgIMG_1295.jpg

I actually bent the backing washer on my Kapex when a small cutoff from a 3" dowel shot out the back. $45 mistake, but way cheaper than an arbor! No cuts are made now without a zero clearance fence