Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appraisal Accuracy

I'm a certified and USPAP-compliant personal property appraiser (stuff, not land/ buildings). An important thing to note about Antiques Roadshow and the like is that they almost always give insurance valuations, which are by definition not Fair Market Value. The differences are slightly technical and pedantic but an insurance valuation is not reflective of what an object would (or should) sell for in the retail or auction markets. If anyone has any appraisal questions, please feel free to get a hold of me.
    Last edited by Zach Dillinger; 04-20-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Windsor chairs were cheap. So the survival rate is low. Part of that is they were used outdoors,too. That increases today's demand. Sideboards were expensive
    but demand is low now and you can buy a period one cheaper than you can have one made. Hall chairs are interesting
    but don't bring much. They were made as a kind of parking space for a servant to keep them handy. They are interesting
    in their design variety and pretty cheap, but bear little resemblance to a Barca Lounger.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    Old hand router planes seem to sell for more than a new Lee Valley hand router plane!
    And that is why I own two new Lee Valley hand router planes.