Thread: Any deals for woodworking first responders out there?

Any deals for woodworking first responders out there?

Has anyone found any special offers for woodworkers that are also first responders?

Why would first responders need woodworking tools?

Grizzly had one about a month ago for 10% off, then they turned around the next week and gave it to everyone for the next 3 weeks.

Now it's shipping for a flat $25, which is normally $200, so up to about $2k, it's almost a better deal.

I think there will be a little recession going on in the near future & there will be better deals to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Josko Catipovic View Post
    Why would first responders need woodworking tools?
    They don't. But a show of appreciation is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    They don't. But a show of appreciation is always nice.
    And is well deserved!
    I wish I knew of some deals to tell you about.
    Thanks for all you do Matt!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Because they have to make a living somehow. I'm a retired LEO with 35 years in. Those young guys answering calls don't make much in the early years and often have to supplement their income with part time jobs. I built a lot of decks and storage buildings on my off days.

Quote Originally Posted by kent borcherding View Post
    If you are looking for woodworking tools and are a first responder , I will be be 80 yrs. young friday . Would gladly ship you a Keller dovetail jig , book and all bits included . absolutely no charge for the jig and shipping.
    Man, that's a kind offer. Good on you!

And have a happy 80th birthday Sir!

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Go Kent! Good on ya.
    David

I'm sitting in a comfortable home office reading a woodworking forum during lunch. Got a paycheck coming in and people out there keeping the world working while I amd my family sit here safely.

Are they victims? No.

But they certainly have my respect and if I was setting prices they would certainly have a discount factored in. I have no idea if Mathew was asking for himself or on behalf of first responder's in general but thanks man I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen White View Post
    I'm sitting in a comfortable home office reading a woodworking forum during lunch. Got a paycheck coming in and people out there keeping the world working while I amd my family sit here safely.

Are they victims? No.

But they certainly have my respect and if I was setting prices they would certainly have a discount factored in. I have no idea if Mathew was asking for himself or on behalf of first responder's in general but thanks man I appreciate it.
    +1.........

Don't know where you are from, but I just posted an excalibur fence and rails for a table saw, and they are yours if you want them. I am in the Iowa City, IA area. John