Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Value of Used Unisaw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Eric, that sounds like a good price to me. If the saw has been well cared for, it's well worth the money.

If you don't care for the extension table on it for some reason, I have one in top shape with a router plate installed that I've been looking to find a home for.
    I just purchased the Unisaw!
    @Bob - I’m interested in the piece you have.

Eric,

Congratulations. I love my Unisaw. Never had a problem with runout, very robust. Mine's only a 3 HP.

About the table extension, here's a link to the post I made describing the table I just replaced. I hope the link works; I've not tried to refer to another thread before.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....h-router-plate

There are photos. The problem might be location. I'm in Northern California. I can't see from your profile where you're located. It's a big, heavy thing; might cost a mint to ship.

Congrats on the new saw! New tools are fun!

Eric, any chance you are in Pittsburgh? There was a newer unisaw for sale here at that price, and i notice its no longer listed. I agree with the others, $500 for a unisaw either means you got a gloat worthy deal, its three phase, or its one of the early models with a 1-1.5hp motor and jetlock fence. A single phase 3hp unisaw with bies or unifence is usually in the $1,000 range. I sold mine for $1,100-1,200 a few years ago, i think. Somewhere in that range, but it also came with a freshly sharpened WWII, and everything on the saw was brand new. New motor, bearings, belts, switches etc.

Blog Entries
    I’m in Knoxville, TN.
    The saw I purchased is a 4 year old Unisaw 36-L552 5 hp single phase saw.
    It wasn’t in as great of shape as I’d hoped but the issues were from being stored in a garage and the wood extension table had water damage. However, it did include a mobile base and a dust collector. I didn’t need the dust collector but I can sell it and get a few more bucks off. The top had a little rust but it came clean and now looks great.
    The previous owner indicated he hadn’t used it much in the last few years and everything appears solid and works great. So I’m happy with my purchase.
    Thanks for your input. It helped me understand the value of the saw.
    I sold my old Craftsman 113 series saw. Apparently, a well kept saw sells fast! The saw was over 20 years old and needed new arbor bearings. But was in good shape and still worked well. I sold it for $300 and apparently could’ve gotten more but I’m happy with that too.

No pics, it didn’t happen!

Blog Entries
    Ha! Here you go...
    My old saw - it was a good one!
    Craftsman 113 series contractor saw.
    0F154DE4-197C-48EB-A708-D25C76F511A9.jpeg

My new Delta Unisaw 36-L552.
    It’s disassembled currently and I’m cleaning it up, adding swivel casters to the fixed caster end, and building a new tabletop for the extension table.
    62BBE64A-E29C-4816-926C-68F077E55B3B.jpeg

Nice looking saw. Well done. So you've decided not to explore my table extension?

Blog Entries
    Congrats. Everyone just says buy a sawstop, what good advice. Haha
    Last edited by Zac wingert; 04-28-2020 at 3:52 AM.

10. I bought a 1968 34-450 unit with 1.5hp motor and 31” uni fence and Two extension wings for $500. I removed the top and fit it all in the back of a Honda CRV. This was after months of searching. I feel like a lucky man. Three days of doing a cosmetic resto with $13 for two cans of Rustoleum and one day to tune it up and convert to 220V and I am cutting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dixon View Post
    Being the newer design and based on it's age it is probably worth $1,600. However you should probably offer $1,400 and see if the buyer will take it. When you look at it be sure to note every blemish down as you look at it and be sure to check that the blade is square, the extension table is flat and not warped. Anything you find that will need some work to fix is a reason for the owner to drop the price.

I purchased my Delta 36-L31X X5 Unisaw with 52" Beisemeyer fence brand new in February 2004 for $1,864. It is in great shape and I would not part with it for less than $1,200 even though it is 16 years old.
    My story is very similar to Tom's. No way would I go less than $1200 ether. If I bought a new I would go Powermatic. 0 interest in Saw Stop.

If I were spending as much as a Sawstop then it would be a no brainer. I'd get the Sawstop. Powermatic and Jet are overpriced for no increased benefit. Otherwise it would be a Grizzly. Paying double gets you nothing unless you buy the Sawstop. Then at least you are getting an added layer of protection.

Nice looking saw! Share some more pictures when you get it cleaned and set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Necaise View Post
    Nice looking saw! Share some more pictures when you get it cleaned and set up.
    Agreed! I'd have grabbed that too. Should be a great saw for him.

FYI: I have a 1960's Rockwell saw. I repainted it with tractor supply light ford grey and about 1/3 dark blue. I was surprised the machine grey had so much blue in it.
    Bil lD