Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I bought a used OMGA miter saw. Questions on setup.

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    I just sent in a request for quote for the SawGear from TigerStop and the Windows ST from RazorGage. I thought it'd be useful to see what the next step up brings to the table and what the cost would be.

Still stumped on whether to use the bench tops for the extensions or to add extensions above the bench tops using some type of levelers.
    I just looked at the ProStop setup from Accurate Technologies and their system looks great. I might actually talk the boss into ordering one for our extra upcut saw that we haven’t setup yet. I would want the fence and stop setup on the right hand side since this is a right hand side upcut saw. I would choose the 10.5 or 11.5 option on fence stop side and a shorter extension on the left side.

From what I can tell the ProStop is cheaper than the GlideStop? Total for the 11.5 ProStop is roughly $1,200?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Robbinett View Post
    I just looked at the ProStop setup from Accurate Technologies and their system looks great. I might actually talk the boss into ordering one for our extra upcut saw that we haven’t setup yet. I would want the fence and stop setup on the right hand side since this is a right hand side upcut saw. I would choose the 10.5 or 11.5 option on fence stop side and a shorter extension on the left side.

From what I can tell the ProStop is cheaper than the GlideStop? Total for the 11.5 ProStop is roughly $1,200?
    That's about right for the ProStop. Accessories will add some cost. I also added a 4' section of fence only to the left side (I ordered the right sides well) that added around $100. So you should be all in under $1500. Price out the GlideStop as well (you may not want some of their options with an upcut saw) as the prices are close enough where it may make a difference to you.

Blog Entries
    Glide stop would be super easy to make micro adjustable so I’m surprised they haven’t done it. Add another Small block Tied to the first with a lock, clamp that first, adjust position With a screw threaded left and right, then clamp second
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.