Thread: Workroom inside house

Workroom inside house

I recently had my house appraised for a refinance and when the guy came by he got a kick out of me having a "workroom" inside the house. Said he had never seen that before.

My workroom is an extra bedroom about 12x13. Before renovations it was originally a living room. Power tools are in a shed out back. I have noticed in the background of some of the pictures I see on here that I dont think I'm the only one with a hand tool workroom inside the house.

I love being in the house and so does my wife lol. Who else has their work room inside?

Mine is in the basement.
    It's a combination workshop/exercise room/laundry room/utility room/storage space.

I make it work.

This room used to be just storage. Random junk and a bunch of boxes. My wife was iffy when I said I was going to make it a workroom. But she did buy me my first plane as a surprise present...

I'm in the Air Force and move around. At one assignment we rented a house that was built by a pastor. The house was huge and used the basement for his sermons/gatherings. He also had two connected rooms there that were soundproofed (I assume he used them for his office). At the time I only did power tools. I set up the one room with my power tools and the other for storage and assembly. It was a great setup. Fully heated and cooled and with humidity control. Being able to just walk down and do some random things was great. When I first started using hand tools we were renting a house in the Netherlands (couldn't take any power tools). For the first 6-8 months I had a bench in what was basically the living room. It was good, but with little kids I had to pack everything up at the end of the day not to mention clean up. I eventually moved it down in the cellar. Not ideal from a humidity standpoint, but still great being in the house.