Thread: Dust collctor: what filter bag do I have, is it clogged

Dust collctor: what filter bag do I have, is it clogged

I have an onieda cyclone topped with a 2hp Murphy Rodgers blower. I bought it used with a tall filter bag. There are no marking on the bag. I think the blower may be an mrt-5.
    How do I know if the filter is big enough for the cfm? As soon as the blower starts it pops open and is fully inflated. Should I try washing it and see if there is any difference. I did install a neutral pipe in the inlet to the cyclone which increased vacuum buy 25-30%. I get very little fine dust inside the bag.
    Bill D

I think it may be this bag from wynn which has no micron rating.

https://wynnenv.com/products-page/mrt-bags/mrt575/
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-15-2020 at 3:51 PM.

I went ahead and washed the filter bag. It turned out white! I had no idea I bought it used and khaki color. It still inflates but not so much as before. there is a slight slackness and you can see waves of slackness ripple through the fabric. Air flow is improved noticeably.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Good to hear. Certainly a bag blown up like a balloon is providing back pressure on the system. I have an old bagger that I put an American Fabric Filter bag on. Every few years I will turn it inside out and vacuum the surfaces with a soft brush attachment. The bag is normally soft but, even more so right after cleaning.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler