Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Sister had an unwelcome visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Glad no one was hurt. Here in AZ they just made it illegal to use any handheld device while driving, some exceptions, but texting is a NO NO, thing I don't get is they will not enforce it for 2 years, They say they need time to educate the drivers .like WTH The highway has over head signs , theres TV radio.Theres drivers ed. theres Bill boards, and theres AZDOT emails that they can send to every driver in the state. I can see no reason for a 2 year delay in enforcement. I think 90% of all drivers would be aware of this law with in 6 months.
    I'm sure drivers will be aware of it. Whether they follow it is another matter. New Jersey has had that law for several years. I still see people talking on hand held phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I'm sure drivers will be aware of it. Whether they follow it is another matter. New Jersey has had that law for several years. I still see people talking on hand held phones.

Well what tic's me off is their waiting 2 years before they start to enforce it. No need to wait that long. I've been cut off so many times by idiot talking of texting on the phone.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Years ago there was a scam where people caused an accident by forcing a rear end accident.

It seems like idiots on cell phones or texting while driving would be natural prey for these scams.

My curiosity has me wondering how many of the laws on these are "distracted driving" as opposed to "using electronic devices" laws.

In my travels people have been seen causing inconvenience to other drivers by reading a bood while driving well below the speed limit on an Interstate Highway.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)