Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dust extractor vacuums - Bosch or Metabo

Just to be clear, you cut the semi-rigid Karcher hose off of the fitting that connects to the vac? And then work the Bosch hose into the fitting?

Yes, correct.

Update....

I received the Metabo from Amazon last week. First observations:
    - Compared to my previous Festool CT it is more powerful and appears to be built with higher quality materials in terms of the case/body plastics, wheels, etc. Hose connection to the vacuum includes positive lock, in addition to friction fit.
    - It was not obvious from the item description on Amazon, but it can take plastic (polyethylene) bags (recommended for high dust volume applications such as concrete grinding, wall grinding etc and can also be used for wet vacuuming) or fleece bags (recommended for typical woodworking use). It came with one plastic bag. I ordered 5/pk Metabo fleece bags from Acme for $29 + shipping. While searching for fleece bags, I saw a vendor selling aftermarket bags much cheaper than typical OEM, with good reviews. See dustdeals dot com if you are interested. For example, for my vac 5 bags are sold for $19. They sell bags that fit Festool and many other brands.
    - Autoclean function (magnetically vibrating the HEPA filters) does create noise, but according to the manual, it will not be needed when used with fleece bags. There is a slide valve inside the vacuum to adjust for plastic vs. fleece bags.
    - It came with a ~36mm id hose. End fitting is definitely higher quality rubber compared to my prior Festool. I will see how it works especially when connected to my Mirka Deros sander. If it feels too bulky, I plan to get a 1-1/4” Cen-Tech hose on Amazon that seems very good at a great price

All in all, I think Metabo is an awesome vac, very well built, to me, looks better than the Festool I had in every way. At the price it is sold, I think it is a great deal.

Peter, thank you for recommending this one. I searched a bit when you mentioned and it does seem like it is made by Star Mix.

Glad to hear it worked out, Starmix extractors are awesome. I’ve seen a Systainer Adapter at a retailer in Germany, not sure how easy it’d be to get one in the US but it looked pretty cool.

https://www.starmix.de/en/products/w...r-plate-unifix

I jinxed myself saying nice things about my Bosch extractor. The tool auto sensing feature just died and now I have two on/off switches. Anyone ever fixed one of these? Google hasn't been much help so far. Is it likely the circuit board?

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I jinxed myself saying nice things about my Bosch extractor. The tool auto sensing feature just died and now I have two on/off switches. Anyone ever fixed one of these? Google hasn't been much help so far. Is it likely the circuit board?
    I have not fixed this before, but I would order a new switch and see if that solves the issue. This is precisely the reason I was more interested in the Bosch. They have higher volume and generally great parts and service support in case needed.
    Wishing you good luck in fixing this. Hope it is just as easy as swapping out the switch.

Peter,
    I have received my Bosch hose. Really good material. I have looked carefully at the Karcher hose and its connection up inside the fitting to the vacuum. It looks to be connected to a swiveling ring inside the fitting. A couple of questions:
    1. When you cut out the Karcher hose, did you keep the swiveling ring inside of the fitting?
    2. How exactly did you make the connection for the Bosch hose into the fitting? Obviously it would be best (avoid twisting) for the new hose to be able to swivel as well.