Thread: Wanted to post a pic but I keep getting

Wanted to post a pic but I keep getting

an error fromt he computer telling me to check my settings. Any clue on what I am doing wrong?
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Attaching Pictures

Scott,

Review this link for more information on uploading pictures and remember that the file size of your picture must be 100k or less.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...?threadid=2756

I'm having trouble also. It keeps telling me my picture is too large. I have tried converting to everything I can find but when I convert, the picture takes even more space. I've tried tiff, jpeg, btmp, and all the others. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?????
    Lynn J. Sonier

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Sonier
    I'm having trouble also. It keeps telling me my picture is too large. I have tried converting to everything I can find but when I convert, the picture takes even more space. I've tried tiff, jpeg, btmp, and all the others. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?????

Sounds like you may be shooting at a high resolution 1280x960 maybe?
    just resize your pictures to 640x480 and you should be good to go,or set your camera to take the 640x480 size and then you won't have to do anything, BTW jpeg is what you want.

Bob is correct. My Digital Camera has 3 resolution settings, and I was shooting at the highest resolution. When I tried to edit my photo's, it was not possible to get them to the size needed to post them. When I shoot at the lowest setting, I have no problem at all. I just import them to my Photo Editing Program, crop them, and then save to my pictures file. When I want to post them here, they are ready to go. The image quality is just fine at the lower resolution. Give that a try, I think that will get you on the right track.

Most photo editing programs, including those included with the latest cameras generally allow you to resize your photos to a smaller pixel size. I shoot at 1024x768 pixels so I can get detail when needed, but resize for web display to either 640x480 or 320x240. I also use JPG compression of about 10:1 which further decreases the size of the photos. JPG is the proper format to use for web display, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I resize all of my photos for posting on the Web. I use Ulead Photo Impact Version 6.0 [7.0 is out]. I usually resize to 400 pixels wide or less. I then save in .jpg format.

This will result in an image from 25-60kb. Image file sizes larger than this will load to slow for dial up connections. Photos wider than 400 pixels will stretch the frame requiring viewers to scroll over to see the whole picture.

You can see some of my photos at my website. See the www button at the bottom of this post.

Anyone wanting a quick tutorial on Photo Impact can call me long distance. If you buy the program Ulead Website at $80, I can walk you through the basics.

Photoshop at $500 is the premiere editing software but Photo Impact works great and is more user friendly IMHO.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond