Thread: Pocket Screws for 17.5MM Plywood

Pocket Screws for 17.5MM Plywood

Hi.

I am using a Kreg Foreman DB210 for pocket screws. I have Baltic Birch Plywood that is 17.5mm.

I used the 3/4" setting for the fence and backed the bit off from the gauge block around 1/32", maybe a little less and the screw is shy of poking out the side of the wood by around 1/32". I checked this by putting the screw in, but not attaching the second piece and instead put the second piece against the screw to check the depth. When I screw it together and tightened it down good, it does not poke out.

I am using the 1.25" Kreg screws.

Is this ok with 1/32" cover over the tip of the screw? I tried about a dozen tests and none poke out.

thanks,

Mike

i also use 17.5mm plywood. I set my foreman to slightly less than 3/4 on the fence, give the bit a little extra play as you do and use 1 1/4" screws with good results.

Thanks. About how much less than the 3/4" mark do you go? Also, how short do you keep the bit from the block? I messed around with it more and can't seem to get it where it was. I am thinking of putting a 1/16" thick rule behind the block to set the bit depth.