Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airtight clamps for my slider set up

Airtight clamps for my slider set up

I got my Airtight clamps set up on my Hammer K4 Perform tonight. They are pricy and they are awesome.

IMG_0293.jpgIMG_0294.jpgIMG_0295.jpgIMG_0296.jpgIMG_0297.jpgIMG_0298.jpg

They are sweet, hard to see the value until you own them. I built my own version and use them all the time

regards, mark
    https://www.instagram.com/kessler_woodworks/?hl=en

Very nice ... do you have air plumbed in the shop or are the clamps hooked up to a dedicated compressor?
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

I have the air plumbed in the shop. I have a temporary hose over to the regulator for the clamps. I'll probably make it more permanent next weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    They are sweet, hard to see the value until you own them. I built my own version and use them all the time

regards, mark
    https://www.instagram.com/kessler_woodworks/?hl=en
    Curious where you sourced the 1/4 turn valve. Everything else it easy to find off the shelf but those.

What does a set cost? No info on their web site.

Jared, the cylinder Mac uses comes with the valve mounted. He has some customization, but it is a name brand he is dealing with. I bought my first one from Mac, and had a machinist build the parts needed for a second one that does not get used as often.

Awesome clamps and likely the most used accessory in my shop.

Blog Entries
    Email mac and ask for a quote. They are pretty expensive but I can’t imagine being without them. Mac is running a sale at the moment.

its a bimba cylinder and you order it with the valve, the master cylinder has some customization done to it

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Curious where you sourced the 1/4 turn valve. Everything else it easy to find off the shelf but those.

Depending but around $2800

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    What does a set cost? No info on their web site.

Depending but around $2800
    About how much do they cost to build your own?

after buying my slider, i waited a few years before investing in mac's clamps. it seemed like a luxury at the time. now i have his clamps on the slider, and on the shaper, and they are absolutely critical hardware to the operation of both machines. i shouldn't have waited.

---dz

oops, read that wrong about 1k plus some custom machining for the base and a bushing. After making them I can tell you that they are worth the $2800, mine do not have the ability to tilt in and do not have a thrust bearing on the kipp to base slider connection which in my opinion is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    About how much do they cost to build your own?

Blog Entries
    its a bimba cylinder and you order it with the valve, the master cylinder has some customization done to it
    I dug through the bimba catalog last night and noticed them. Ive been using parker cylinders for all my pneumatics and had not seen that as a option from them. Good to know.

Bryan: AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep