Thread: Blue Spruce Contact Info?

Blue Spruce Contact Info?

Does anyone have a phone number to use for contact to Blue Spruce? I need to talk to someone there as they have not responded to an email request. Thanks.
    David

877-828-0332 is what shows on a recent email. Good luck!

Thanks Sanford.
    David

I may be misremembering (a word commonly used by deniers during the baseball steroid era), but I think Dave Jeske sold Blue Spruce to Woodpeckers within the last year. If that’s wrong, please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    I may be misremembering (a word commonly used by deniers during the baseball steroid era), but I think Dave Jeske sold Blue Spruce to Woodpeckers within the last year. If that’s wrong, please correct me.
    Not sure exactly when but you are correct on the sale.

I had an issue with a recent purchase and it took them a couple of days to get back to me. They have reduced staffing at their facility due to the pandemic so it is taking them a little more time to respond.

I had an issue I wanted to resolve with B Spruce and sent them an email via their "contact us" part of their website. I never received a response from them so went back to the website to look for a phone number. I could not see any phone contact on their website, so I posted here to see if anyone could help and then went to my PayPal account to see if I could attack the problem through them. My original B Spruce purchase was completed through PayPal. While filling out a PayPal online help matrix that included the original order info, a B Spruce phone number was included in their company info when payment to them was made. I called that number and Woodpeckers answered. My B Spruce order was placed prior to the Woodpeckers acquisition of B Spruce, so the WPeckers lady transferred me to the lady that handles the B Spruce side of the business (after I told her I did not want an email address to contact B Spruce again) and the B Spruce lady quickly fixed the problem. All is good as far as I am concerned with my issue. The number listed in PayPal for B Spruce is different than the number Sanford provided and that agrees with my thought that the WPeckers and B Spruce locations are still separated (different area codes, lots of clicks/clunks/etc to get my call transferred from Wpeckers to B Spruce). BTW, my issue was a paperwork issue and not a quality or manufacturing issue.
    David

David, are you gonna keep us in suspense or tell us the new toy(s) you purchased? :0)

Mike

3/8" fishtail chisel for half blinds. I have sorta kinda been contemplating one for 30 years or so, so I finally pulled the trigger. I made a call-in order and payment via PayPal early this March but never received an order confirmation back from BS. They did not respond to an email enquiry, so I was looking to talk direct to someone. I now have the order confirmation with delivery (of all fishtail chisels apparently) due this Oct. Everybody hanging in there OK at your house Mike?
    David

From what I can tell, the Blue Spruce manufacturing side of the house is still in Oregon and they do the distribution through Woodpeckers in Ohio. I had bought a 4" square and got sent the wrong color. As I said, it took them a couple of days to respond to my email about the mix-up and a week later I got the correct one in the mail. At least the replacement square came from Ohio.

Does anyone know if Dave is still involved? I have two orders in their queue - didn't know about the Woodpeckers involvement. I have a pairing chisel coming from them - hope it's the same quality.
    With skill and tool we put our trust and when that won't do then power we must.

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    3/8" fishtail chisel for half blinds. I have sorta kinda been contemplating one for 30 years or so, so I finally pulled the trigger. I made a call-in order and payment via PayPal early this March but never received an order confirmation back from BS. They did not respond to an email enquiry, so I was looking to talk direct to someone. I now have the order confirmation with delivery (of all fishtail chisels apparently) due this Oct. Everybody hanging in there OK at your house Mike?
    All good here David. Hope the same for you guys!

Here is an article from Australian Wood Review dated 12 August 2019 about the sale of Blue Spruce Tools:

A recent announcement from Dave Jeske, Blue Spruce Toolworks founder and tool designer, reveals the next phase in this innovative and high quality brand’s development."It has been almost fifteen years since I started Blue Spruce Toolworks in my garage shop. My passion has always been design and bringing new and fresh ideas to the woodworking hand tool community. From day one, I have been encouraged and overwhelmingly supported by everyone including family, friends, customers, fellow tool makers and the internet community.
    "I have been blessed to have Blue Spruce Toolworks grow into a company that serves woodworkers all over the world. I want to share with you the next phase of the company. Blue Spruce Toolworks is now a subsidiary of Woodpeckers, LLC – an Ohio based company that has much greater manufacturing capability than I could ever dream of and a commitment to quality that is world class. They have been making high quality woodworking tools for over thirty years. Woodpeckers and Blue Spruce Toolworks have always shared the same values and uncompromising commitment to make the highest quality tools on the market, and we are excited about this new chapter.
    "There will be a transition time as manufacturing moves to Strongsville, Ohio. I will stay in Sandy, Oregon to do research and development of new woodworking tools. Blue Spruce Tools will continue to be of the highest quality – made in the same location, by the same skilled people. Eventually, manufacturing will be split between our shop in Oregon, and Ohio, where Woodpeckers has invested in machinery and engineering minds to craft some beautiful heirloom quality products – but the two brands will remain separate.
    "It is always an honor to serve and interact with my customers and I am looking forward to this new phase. Thanks again for all the support and we hope you continue to follow us as we work on some new products!"