Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cordless shop vacuum on wheels

Milwaukee makes an 18V shopvac with a blower port. Their tools tend to get good reviews, but I have no experience with this one. Since Bosch doesn't fit the bill, you might choose on the basis of which battery platform looks like it could best add to your current capabilities.

Milwaukee has the largest selection of battery tools and a great reputation. I made the decision to go/stay with DeWalt by buying into the 20 volt line. Have the 14.4 and 18 now. Bought 20 for shop and 12 volt for wife in house. Thought a long time before doing this. Almost went Milwaukee 18 and 12 volt. Now wish I would have gone to Milwaukee due to more choices.
    Good luck
    Ron

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schwabacher View Post
    Milwaukee makes an 18V shopvac with a blower port. Their tools tend to get good reviews, but I have no experience with this one. Since Bosch doesn't fit the bill, you might choose on the basis of which battery platform looks like it could best add to your current capabilities.
    I have the M18 "toolbox" vac, and it is a great little vacuum, for what it is. But let's face it folks, most shop vac duties require lots of suction & volume, which most any cordless vacuum is not going to provide. A cordless that even approaches a decent corded vac is going to cost $$$$

Blog Entries
    I have a DeWalt cordless 18 volt vacuum. Battery doesn't last long and will not accept lithium battery. It has hepa filter. I added my own wheeled caddy. I would buy it again

Blog Entries
    Get Dewalt and add caddy wheels yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Sounds like what you need is a battery powered leaf blower. Easy to find in whatever brand battery you might have.
    My 10 year old 18V Makita is what I use in my shop, as well as blowing off my porch area.
    I have a gas powered leaf blower that works great for yard work. Want a cordless shop vac but it might as well blow too for what I do.
    Thanks.

Thanks for the Dewalt and Milwaukee cordless vacuum suggestions. Not sure I want a rectangular, small capacity cordless vacuum without wheels but I will research both vacuums. I can of course build a wheel caddy if needed, though that would add time and cost to the purchase.

Since I will need to buy battery (batteries) and charger for a brand other than Bosch, I'm open to any brand as long as the cordless vacuum will meet my wish list. I've also decided to buy a cordless 7-1/4" circular saw to fit the battery that I end up with. Been thinking about replacing my corded Rockwell circular saw for some time now, though I love that circular saw's perpendicular height adjustment. Would be nice to be cord free for a change.

Need to mention that the cordless vacuum having an internal bag that I can just remove and trash is also a must.

I might need to wait for black Friday to try to catch a sale.

Thanks.

This should fit the bill:

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XCV13PT

cord -or - cordless and there's a bluetooth module to remotely turn on compatible makita tools

.....and circular + plunge saws galore:

https://www.makitatools.com/products...lar-saws&f:18v
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 10-07-2020 at 7:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    This should fit the bill:

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XCV13PT

cord -or - cordless and there's a bluetooth module to remotely turn on compatible makita tools

.....and circular + plunge saws galore:

https://www.makitatools.com/products...lar-saws&f:18v
    Oh, $789 at Home Depot with 2 batteries and a charger. .... Gulp.
    Needs 2 batteries to run, 2.1 gallons. I don't need Hepa filter capability. 3 year warranty.

The Ridgid is $119 vacuum only at Home Depot. With one 6ah battery and a charger added the total is $328.
    Only needs one battery to run and is 9 gallons. Lifetime warranty.
    Winner so far and more in line with my budget.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Blog Entries
    You may want to consider adding a cyclone of some sort with it, on wheels too.

Milwaukee backpack vacuum works well. Metabo hpt has a cordless extractor that gives you the option of corded or cordless.

Blog Entries
    The leaf blower is a good suggestion. I have one and I have cleared the saw dust out of my garage shop with it. I also use it on leaves in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by mike sato View Post
    Hi Richard. As previously mentioned in another post, I use my shopvac all around the house, not only in our carport shop. For example when I do house repairs I often need a shop vacuum to suck up sawdust or wood chips, or to blow those items out of crevices. This happens anywhere in or out of the house.

Another example is when I did plumbing work. The main water line from the city comes up from the ground at the exterior of our house. I had to do some soldering but the main water valve was leaking so water kept coming up that pipe. That made it impossible to solder the union coupling I needed. My work around was to get a smaller diameter copper tubing and duct tape it to my shopvac's hose. I stuck that tubing into the water line coming up from the ground and turned on the vacuum. I was then able to solder the union coupling to the main water line. In other words I use my shop vacuum all around the house for various jobs.

Thanks for taking the time to make your suggestion. I appreciate it.
    Do a cord trolley for an extension cord, and just plug in the shop vac when you need it. Still leaves it available to do other work and keeps the cord out of the way.

If you are just looking to justify buying a new toy, ignore my comment.

Not sure if you have all your machines plumbed to a DC system. If you do, I ran a 30' long 3" hose that hangs inches below the ceiling. It is looped over typical bent brackets you buy at a hardware store. I can easily pull down whatever length I need from the ceiling hangers and vac up the floor. When done, the hose is stiff enough that I can clip it over the brackets easily. It works quite well with my 5hp DC.