Thread: My Version of Garrett Hack's Huntboard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Version of Garrett Hack's Huntboard

I was asked to post this separately, having already posted in the thread entitled "Anyone Building Anything?"

Garrett Hack’s Huntboard (my version with a more Shaker emphasis)

I started this build in late April, and just finished last week. Its my version of Garrett Hack’s Huntboard. I worked from plans available through Fine Woodworking. I kept to the plan mostly, with some minor changes to dimensions and features.

Wood: Curly and Quarter-Sawn Cherry, with Bloodwood and Ebony Accents (interior and drawer sides of Eastern White Pine

Finish: OSMO Poly-X Oil/Wax

Hardware: Brusso Knife Hinges and Ball Catches.The door pulls are ebony Viola tuning pegs which I modified on the lathe to work as pulls.

Features: A nice curve to the front/back/sides of the top give this a nice look. It is quite tall, and the height coupled with the tapered legs give it a somewhat graceful look. Drawers feature hand-cut dovetails. The balance of the joinery was a combination of machine and hand work. The plans are very detailed and having built it, I think its a very doable project.

I chronicled the build in detail on another WW forum (not sure if its ok to mention which one?).

On to the next project!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Phil Gaudio; 10-14-2020 at 5:03 PM.