Thread: Cool Gadget!

Cool Gadget!

I'm usually not impressed with newfangled gadgets but this one caught my eye. No, I don't horse in this race.
    https://www.sunsetime.com/products/a...ma6mvFEEhvy-8I

Not sure if this is a cool tool or not, but if the quality of the tool is directly related to the quality of the website, not sure I would want to give it a try. Full of grammar, spelling and sentence structure errors. Not very professional. And it looks like the site owners do not manufacture the item (not that that is a bad thing) as they sell everything from tools through cosmetics and everything in between.

Marv

After looking at the website for a while I don't have a clue what the device is supposed to do.

After looking at the website for a while I don't have a clue what the device is supposed to do.
    me too....

It's designed to move $29.99 from your bank account to their bank account. They originally designed it to move $45.98 but determined it was too small and rather than redesign it they dropped the price.

That website is hot garbage. OP, if I had to guess... this is from a spammy ad on Facebook. That same thing is on Amazon for like $18. This is one of those products that gets shown in crappy ads ALL OVER the place.

https://www.amazon.com/Amenitee-Six-.../dp/B07L749V3X

FYI: Notice the format of the link you posted. It refers to "...angle-measuring-tool?fbclid=..."

You can strip out the ?fbclid=.... part and it still takes you to the exact same site. That means all the other stuff is click ID tracking, meaning it's an ad and they're tracking where the clicks came from. The fact that the website has a fake "discount" to bring it to "only $30!!" is a total lie (again, it's on Amazon for $18, and an off-brand version for $13!)

As for the usefulness of the tool itself, well, it actually seems kinda neat. There's a video on this one (https://www.amazon.com/Six-Sided-Ang.../dp/B08155Q78N) showing some of the utility. It looks like it's mainly used for transferring weird layouts from one component to another one.

Please note: the above rant is against the website's "fake discount" scammy ad, not the product itself. The product looks like it'd be useful in some niche situations, though claiming to be made of aluminum and laser engraved for just $18 makes me wonder how good the quality actually is.

I don't think I need a tool like that in my shop. I'd be interested to hear from someone who has one to see what they think.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Hey OP, Is this your web site?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Hey OP, Is this your web site?
    I interpreted his post to say he didnt have an affiliation. I dunno.

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

what he said:

No, I don't horse in this race
    whatever that means

Given that the website is kinda a dog's breakfast ????

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    what he said:

whatever that means
    I know. I interpreted it as "no affiliation". That dont mean I interpreted it right though!

Mark is a long-time member and contributor. He likely fat fingered “No, I don’t have a horse in this race” and was just passing on info.
    I wish I could say I never fat fingered a post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Fat fingered OP here. I based my comment on the video demonstrating the gadget and thought it would be useful. Sorry it aroused the naysayers.

It's just like saying "I have no skin in the game"

Ed