Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hoarding round 2?

hoarding round 2?

was out in sams today and the toiletpaper and paper towels almost picked clean.. the last 3 or 4 months was plentiful.. this poping up any where else.

I just returned from shopping at Sams here in western Arkansas. I saw no shortages of the items you mentioned. They were very busy though. I guess some folks are worried about election responses.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 11-02-2020 at 4:41 PM.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

election
    ....no coment..

Blog Entries
    Costco here (Alberta) had not a lot of TP & they were limiting to 1 per customer. Maybe toilet paper is the new "canary in a coal mine".

I hear it's the same with ammo shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I hear it's the same with ammo shelves.

So after they shoot each other up, are they going to use TP for bandages? Nightly news can be thanked for creating current shortages, plus there is a distinct possibility that there will be another lock down, meaning few trips to grocery store. Get it while you can.

Everyone who bought six months worth last spring is now running out?

No shortages around here.

We stocked up on TP and paper towels over the last 3 months in anticipation of the 2nd wave. Even found 4 cans of Clorox wipes a couple months ago. My wife says that there seems to a shortage of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner. I guess people were fanatical about cleaning toilets during the lockdown??

I think it's time to start stocking up on chicken too. Got to believe the meat packers are going to get hit again.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Today's Costco run netted paper towel, facial tissue and tampons, but no TP. No problem with anything else there as well as at the food market this past Friday.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Our Samsclub is pretty much back to normal and has been for awhile now with no limits and full shelves, including paper products....and Christmas stuff out.

Went to a local gun store last week and they had a display case full of handguns, but probably less than a dozen rifles (even had a few AR styles rifles.)

The local GI Joes was well stocked with ammo, but higher priced.

Most stores around here seem to back to normal and fully stocked.
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 11-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Ironic, given the spread in VA.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Just got back from a run to the store. Everyone of the 3 big grocery chains is sold out of El Paso taco sauce, and actually most all El Paso products. It's kind of funny to see what products, other than the essentials, get hoarded in trying times.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    Ironic, given the spread in VA.
    Kinda like the fire department starting to roll up their hoses as the fire spreads to the third floor of a highrise.

Blog Entries
    We went in to town yesterday to put a package in the mail. Candy came along since she likes to go for a ride.

On the way home it seemed like a good idea to stop at the Grocery Outlet for one of my hoarded items, Danish Choice Apricot Preserves.

Candy wanted to wait in the car. After walking the first aisle it hit me that my mask was in the car. The Code 8 announcement didn't register other than being heard. Trying to get back from their entrance aisle that directs movement toward one corner of the store. A convenient spot to park my cart was found. Just then a store associate walked up to me and offered me a mask. She was thanked with my apologies. Then the thought of being a "Code 8" hit me.

There are supply shortages at the Fred Meyer (Kroger) of some products in the canned goods and paper sections. Also canning supplies are almost impossible to find.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Edited, not about hoarding.
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 11-03-2020 at 10:51 PM.