Thread: fence problems with Jet JWTS-10JF contractor saw. Accusquare or Vega?

fence problems with Jet JWTS-10JF contractor saw. Accusquare or Vega?

I recently purchased a used Jet contractor saw, it worked fine for a while but now the fence is giving me problems. Whenever I try to lock it, it pushes to the left and out of square. The manual does not show any way to adjust it. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

If I cannot fix it, I'm looking at a new fence either the Accusquare or Vega. Does anyoe have experience with both? The Accusquare is a lttle cheaper but not dramatically more than the Vega.

Thanks for any thoughts and advice.

I had a Jet contractor's saw for a long time. I installed an Incra fence on it. I loved that fence. It took me more time than I'd like to admit to get it set up right, but once that was done, it was a dream to use. Amazing repeatable accuracy. I sold that saw and fence to upgrade to a Sawstop. One day, I'd like to put an Incra fence on my new saw.

Not sure if very super cool tools is on your radar but their fence was pretty interesting to me when I was looking.

I had a Vega fence on one of my saws and really liked it. Mine had the micro adjuster witch I think was standered with the fence, but and the finger saver attachment was extra but worth it.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Blog Entries
    That is a somewhat typical t-square style fence for a contractor saw. The manual was easy to find online and the fence adjustments (under 'Assembly' as well as the 'Adjustments' sections[???]) are covered on page 19.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I looked at it and really liked it, but its on an 18 week lead time!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    That is a somewhat typical t-square style fence for a contractor saw. The manual was easy to find online and the fence adjustments (under 'Assembly' as well as the 'Adjustments' sections[???]) are covered on page 19.
    I have the original manual but the only adjustment that listed is for the height of the rear slide. Please let me know if I'm missing something on how to adjust the locking clamp. Thanks!

I've had the Vega fence for maybe a little over ten years, and I like it ..... okay.

It might be as well made and as functional as any fence out there, and the few issues that I've had with it, well they might have come up with any fence.

One issue I had is that the fence would drift slowly to the right as I was making a cut. To remedy this I scored the brass looking pressure tab that gets pushed against the rail when I lock the fence in place and I wiped down the rail with acetone so there is more friction. This seems to have taken care of the problem.

This next issue was all my fault - I would move the fence over and back on the rail by grabbing the locking lever. Last year it broke off and I had it welded back on. As I say, that's totally on me.

The fence was easy to install. I got several safety accessories with the fence. The one I use is the 1" offset when crosscutting with a miter gauge - so the end is not in contact with the fence, and the 1" makes it easy to set the distance.

I don't use the micro-adjust. Just never think of it. Tap tap tap is the way I learned!

I keep mulling over getting a SawStop and so I don't even consider changing my current fence to something else. Good luck with your choice.

I don't think the Accusquare is as robust as the Vega, plus the Vega has an excellent micro adjuster.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....