Thread: Material Layout

Material Layout

Looking for a free program to help layout sheet and dimensional lumber. Anyone have suggestions?
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    Sheet Layout had a free version for hobby use, they charged for larger capacity versions for commercial use. It would do sheet goods or linear materials. They were MIA for a while but the link seems to have their software.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Jerry,

If you mean laying out an optimal cut pattern there are two products called cutlist, from two completely different sources. The one I use is free (naturally) the other costs money and has various levels for various prices. The free one is on a website called delphiforfun. It gives you a layout diagram optimized the way you want it. (For some reason my version of Norton AV warns me about the site, but the zip file and executable cutlist.exe file are clean of malware according to the same Norton program. I downloaded it despite the warning because I had used it for many years and felt that I knew enough about the author to believe him rather than Norton.)

Doug

Found the free version of cutlist and tried it today. A little cumbersome but it gave me the answer I'm looking for. Looked at Sheet Layout and the download said it was a update to the exe file, couldn't find the exe file though.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Try Maxcutv2.v Its free.