Thread: Is this Rockler stool built well ??

Is this Rockler stool built well ??

Looking to get a new stool with a good back rest on it. Found this on the Rockler website.

Rockler Pneumatic Shop Stool with Adjustable Backrest

Is that stool built well ? Looking to use it in the kitchen to replace an old wood stool that wore out . That one lasted 90 , YES !! 90 YEARS. They don't build them like they used to !!

Clarence, you didn't provide a link to the stool, or a photo - I'm guessing by mistake.

This is probably it. Those pneumatic lift devices can fail but they're generally pretty reliable. I expect you could get a replacement part - I think they're standard items.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have two similar stools from Lowes. The first one took hours to assemble due to vague and incorrect instructions. The second one was much quicker to assemble due to experience. I think they were about the same price and they are very sturdy and very comfortable. I just checked the Lowes website and the Kobalt stool is a little cheaper than the one from Rockler but I'm betting it is the same one. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Work-Seat/1240699
    Last edited by Ellen Benkin; 12-10-2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Add info

I am now using a drafting chair from Amazon as my shop stool after having tried the Rockler/Woodcraft variety. Wider range of pneumatic height adjustments, supportive, adjustable backrest, flip up armrests and truly comfortable back support and footrest. $118

Thihttps://www.amazon.com/Modway-Veer-Drafting-Stool-Chair-49-5H/dp/B00KHM4EOY?pd_rd_w=SeZY7&pf_rd_p=a92e0124-cfa8-4f1e-82b5-a4a348d97008&pf_rd_r=F02641E0JKDTKG9VWJC9&pd_rd_r= ff5552f4-96db-4c70-8b74-5a380a1bdb8f&pd_rd_wg=0Me6B&pd_rd_i=B00KHM4EOY&psc =1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_ts is what I am using now for a shop stool

I rarely sit down in my shop.

When I need a closer view of a project, I raise it and turn in task lighting.

That said, I would not want a rolling stool. My space is constrained already - there's no available storage.

If you're taller, the pneumatic lift is more extended and prone to racking.

If you're heavier, a wooden stool is more durable.