Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEMACO Rapid Saw Set

Aside from bemaco. How do you guys like other hammer setters? Foley 281 for example?

I would still like to get the bemaco up and going, but I'll need to find or make a couple pieces and play with all the adjustments.

I know this is an old post but. Does any one's Bemaco go higher than 13ppi? Currently looking for a Disston star setter of something similar. I have been looking around for a manual trip hammer setter or just a manual hammer setter. Other wise I am going to sketch one out and have it made. Kind of a spare time project. Most trip hammers I have seen are meant for larger saws. My little saws can go up to 20ppi, depending on the saw. Thank you.
    Ron

I use mine for 16 points and it's maxed out. The issue is the quadrant swing determines the fineness of set. I know a guy (Eric Florip) up in MI that modified his to use a CNC control to advance the teeth a perfect (and adjustable) amount and then trigger the set. Sounds complicated but you only need a single axis control and stepper motor.

Thanks Pete. If I were making a high volume of saws I would be very interested in Eric's set up. I have used the Beamco on 11 ppi and you are spot on them being a little finicky to set. I was thinking of turning a smaller pulley for the Beamco to slow it down a bit. I may just try that.