Thread: Harbor Freight 2HP Dust Collector vs 750w Chinese Snail?

Harbor Freight 2HP Dust Collector vs 750w Chinese Snail?

I have 2x 900mmx600mm lasers used mostly for cutting. I'm moving into a new building that has a 20ft high roof that will let me vent straight up.

The harbor freight says it's 1500CFM and 9" of pressure. Is that enough to run both my lasers? My alternative plan is to run a 750w chinese blower on each laser. The advantage to this is that I can wire them to 220v. What solution do you think is better? How loud is the chinese compared to the 2HP HF?

Link to the 1hp chinese: https://www.ebay.com/itm/750W-Dust-S...UAAOSww-Zfr97m

Unlike some mainstream lasers the only purpose of the blowers on most Chinese lasers is to evacuate the smoke and fumes from the enclosure. Some mainstreams lasers depend upon the blower for also cooling the laser tube, Chinese machines use chillers.

The Harbor Freight would probably do just fine. Two Chinese blowers would also work fine. I don't think there is much of a difference in loudness.

I would prefer to have separate blowers, but I think either way can be made to work.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

The big HF blower is an animal- I've had one for about 17 years, it runs almost all day every day, mostly because I forget it's running, it's quieter than most of the smaller ones. Some of the reason it's quite is the bag IS connected because I use it to suck up engraving chips from all the tool machines in the basement. Whether newer ones are as quiet, I don't know, but what I do know is the thing DOES move a crapload of air!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle