Thread: Perfume Applicator

Perfume Applicator

This was a Christmas present for one of my neighbor's daughters. I forgot to get a picture of it so I ran over tonight to snap these. Their floors are even less level than mine and I found I needed to put the piece in the crack between leaves in the table or it would roll right off!
    perfume1.jpg
    perfume2.jpg
    It was the first time I tried turning plastic. It turned very nicely but the white spaghetti that wraps around everything was a royal pain!

Of course, she also got perfume to go with it!

As always, thanks for looking.

Dave Fried

Cool! Those should make neat little Valentine's Day gifts .
    The white spaghetti is a pain indeed!

Real PURDY, David!

Bruce

Really nice David.

I've not turned any plastics yet, but I hink I have a blank or two out there.

Ernie

Nice Looking perfume applicator!
    Beautiful!
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Cool. Would have thought the friction generated heat would have melted the plastic.
    Only the Blue Roads

Nice David! I made perfume sprayer a couple months ago but just did a straight design. I like yours better. I still have a couple kits so I think I'll try another one with more flare like yours. Thanks!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Great job David, Wood is more fun to turn them the plastics and a lot less mess to clean up and separate from the wood chips if you are using it for compost.

I made 10 of those for Christmas presents and they were liked by all. One women ordered some more after she got hers.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

David,

Sadly, I can't see your pieces. For some reason my new computer doesn't show some of the pictures. Did you cut and paste your picture to your post or did you use the attachment management buttons? I am trying to fix this quirk...

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Nice David! I made perfume sprayer a couple months ago but just did a straight design. I like yours better. I still have a couple kits so I think I'll try another one with more flare like yours. Thanks!!!
    John,

Go for it!

My original design looked like a slender, elongated, apple core. I thought it had a wonderful modern look but as I started to turn it realized it would feel terrible in your hand! After that I aimed at something more cylindrical with a little genie bottle feel.

Thanks for the kind words, too!

Dave Fried

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton
    David,

Sadly, I can't see your pieces. For some reason my new computer doesn't show some of the pictures. Did you cut and paste your picture to your post or did you use the attachment management buttons? I am trying to fix this quirk...
    I used the attachment management buttons. Don't you just love compuer problems? Paging Dr. Aaron, Dr. Aaron ...

Dave Fried

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton
    David,

Chris...I'm thinking that you are blocking Popups for this site.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Great looking piece David.

Very nice and vivid color David. I know the acrylic strings can be troublesome when turning it, but the end result is usually worth the hassle. As in this case, very pretty work.