Thread: new xmas toys

new xmas toys

in past years folks usually brag about the new toys and additions they recieved for xmas.
    So lets hear about them and see them
    I got anew motorozied kayak for fishing

Quote Originally Posted by allen thunem View Post
    in past years folks usually brag about the new toys and additions they recieved for xmas.
    So lets hear about them and see them
    I got anew motorozied kayak for fishing
    I think you're in the wrong forum! LOL

I rung out the old year with a computer in the shop for 3D modeling for 3D printing. It's also nice for forums, youtube, (like the wonderful piano videos from our favorite SMC admin Arron Koelh!), photo editing, video editing.

Dell 7080 desktop tower:
    - Win10 pro
    - 34 Gb ram,
    - 1500 Gb SSD "disk" drives,
    - GeForce Nvidia GPU,
    - DVD R/W,
    - dual U2415 monitors,
    - tablet,
    - an honest cherry switch clicky programmable Ducky keyboard from MechanicalKeyboards,
    - wired ethernet 250' underground from the house, network switch,
    - and everything powered through a new uninterruptible power supply.

computer_2020.jpg

It forced me to clean off one the two large desk units in my shop office. The Prusa 3D printer will be in an enclosure to the left (when I finish building the enclosure). Also got everything to wire up up a Raspberry Octoprint for remonte internet monitoring and control of the 3D prints. My longest so far was over 16 hours.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I think you're in the wrong forum! LOL
    you saying i cant turn wood and fish:)

Three days late, because of travel to daughters house, wife decided I could get my drum sander I've been craving for over 5 years. Finally had a little extra money. Yes we paid retail. We have heard that Laguna wasn't going to have their few 10% sales this year. Don't know if that's true or not. But as the old saying goes, " A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush", rings true these days. I was looking at the SuperMax 16-32 simply because of the price. The store only had the display model on the floor and none in inventory. They said I could order one on line, but it might take upwards of three months or maybe longer to arrive. They did have the 19-38 in stock so I opted for it. That is the one I wanted originally, but as stated before, I was going for cheaper. What's another $300 right? Well since I got it into my shop, I've been out there non stop playing with it. It truly is a nice machine. Glad I spent the extra dough and got the bigger machine. Wife said, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, happy anniversary, happy Fathers Day, etc, etc, etc. Apparently that's all I'm getting for the next few years.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Best Christmas present I ever got myself was my first, second, and third lathes..... Keep thinking about one of the PM 15 inch wide carbide head planers.... I will be spending more time doing flat work...

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    But the other thread asked about "tools" while this one said "toys", a little broader subject I think.
    I hope to use my new toys to make some things related to woodturning.

Unfortunately I didn't find the keys to a new tracked skid steer under the tree. I hinted and hinted.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    But the other thread asked about "tools" while this one said "toys", a little broader subject I think.
    I hope to use my new toys to make some things related to woodturning.

Unfortunately I didn't find the keys to a new tracked skid steer under the tree. I hinted and hinted.

JKJ
    John, you get to have entirely too much fun, Sir! Maybe that skidsteer will be there for your next birthday! Hope so.

Happy New Year,
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

What I wished for Christmas and what I got. It did give me a excuse to get my tools organized and create some more room in our shop. The first tool box (the one still with the labels was bought new). The second one come from an Estate sale and was full of tools. I gave $125 for it and have been separating out the duplicates of stuff I already have. Now I just have to organize my welding shop next. Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images