Thread: Shop Layout Advice

Shop Layout Advice

I am looking for some advice on the most efficient way to layout my new WoodShop. I have attached a VERY rough drawing of what I have come up with so far. I will be installing the ductwork for the Dust Collection system this weekend and would really appreciate everyone's advice on what they would do given the tools I have and space which is a 23'x23' pole barn.

Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you checked the widths of the aisle between the SawStop and other equipment? They appear narrow on your sketch. My shop is also 23'x 23' and that many pieces of equipment would make it really tight to work in. I'd also consider putting one of the smaller pieces of equipment under the electrical panel. You should be able to easily reach over a spindle sander or something similar to access it without giving up the floor space.

Thank you for responding, the sketch I drew does not do the space justice at all, I have plenty of leeway to move the TS forward and back in order to give me plenty of room.

As for placing a smaller tool under the electrical panel I actually thought about that but the space between there and the door swing is too tight, once again the sketch was something I just threw together and it does not show an accurate depiction of this.

Thanks again!

I have a similar size shop. I would do a 360` on the TS so the feed end is facing the garage door and a 180` on the out feed table. I also would move the DC closer to the machines that need it and save time and $$ on ductwork.
    History recalls how great the fall can be
    Supertramp, Fools Overture

Quote Originally Posted by vince dale View Post
    While everyone was sleeping, the boats put out to sea...
    Regards,

Kris

I would turn the table saw and outfeed around and put the dust collector in a separate room or outside closet. Your ears will thank you.
    Charlie Jones

I'd also turn the TS around as the door is on the outfeed side at the moment. I'd also check tool heights for clearance of longer and wider boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cook View Post
    While everyone was sleeping, the boats put out to sea...
    Great song from a great musician!
    Supertramp, Fools Overture