Thread: Wader's Weekend Accomplishments....

Wader's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well....another weekend has come and gone.....What did YOU do over the weekend?

For me....Terry Hatfield and his LOML came down Friday evening and stayed the night with us...visiting and getting to spend some time working on his new web site look and feel as well as spending time sitting OUTSIDE at NIGHT sense the power went off while we were working on the computer stuff......the power finally came back on just before 1AM.....so we started again later on Saturday morning.

After Terry and his LOML left Saturday afternoon, .... MY LOML said that Lowes has Window A/C units on the 12 months no payment plan and she decided it was time I had A/C in the shop.....Smart woman that LOML is....

Brought home a 10,000 BTU unit and a 8,000 BTU unit. Now I'm just trying to get all the pieces together to attempt an installation in my "metal building". If my shop was conventional wood frame construction, I would have already had them installed.....I just ain't too fond of cutting holes in metal buildings and not knowing how it would all come out. I'm just getting advice first and then plan it out and then get them installed......after that......just enjoy the cool air for the very first time every in my shop.!!!!!

Does this qualify for a "hidden gloat"?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    “Does this qualify for a "hidden gloat"?” Absolutely! I’ve been toying with the refrigeration idea myself. We’ve been at the 100-degree mark, or close to it for several weeks and the old swamper just ain’t cutting it.
    Congrats

I cleaned up the shop and did some overdue chores around the house.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

This was a fairly good weekend. I powerwashed the deck and resealed it as well as finished the glue up on a butcher block I'm making (22"x26"x3"). Now all I have to do is dress the butcher block and I'll be done !!! Ah, working a large expanse of maple endgrain with a handplane - what fun !!

Went Fishin'

I'm thinkin' 'bout taking most of the Summer off and go fishing.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

Teachin' and Haulin"

Spent Saturday teaching a class at the "toy store". Had friends over for dinner Saturday night. Sunday, went to my sister's place near Oklahoma City and hauled back a load of red oak, aromatic cedar and a little walnut that had been drying over the garage since about 1975.

How about those slabs?

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images