Thread: Jessum precision fence adjuster and clear cut wheels on router table worth the $?????

Jessum precision fence adjuster and clear cut wheels on router table worth the $?????

These look like pretty good accessories.......anybody using them on router table

I have the Clear cut Stock Guides on my router table and really like them. I have a Woodpeckers router table top and Super Fence with their micro adjuster so I cannot speak to the Jessem Super Fence Adjuster. These both accomplish the same thing. I do like my Woodpecker micro adjuster.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    We all work differently. I find the use of a DRO (for precision) on the tablesaw to be nearly indispensable. I took the DRO off the router table as it was not useful to me. I have a micro adjust for the router table fence as well. It also goes unused(???). I do a lot of joinery on both machines so this is curious. I use feather boards on both machines. I found fence mounted guides to be going on and off so often (and frequently in the way of push sticks/blocks) they were removed. The value and use of these types of things varies with the type of work being done. Not an answer, just additional input in the form of one person's experiences to add to your decision making process.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I got the Jessem feather board type years ago. Used them a couple times at best. A bit of a hassle to attach them to both the fence and table to guide the pieces I was doing.

I got the CC type more recently. Much handier, easier to set, and they seem to keep the stock where its supposed to be pretty well.

I got them initially for my table saw, and made adapters for them. Wasn't too impressed by how well they worked there, but compared to the TS version they were nearly dirt cheap so it was worth a try. Picked up a set of the TS gersion a few months back when they were on special, but haven't yet

Cant edit on my phone, only delete.

'Version' ;-)

And I haven't yet kludged together a mount for them to adapt to a Felder fence. Currently collecting hardware, and waiting for the time and ambition to make a wood mount like Derek did for his. Must have left that perfect piece of maple back at my house in ca.....

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I find the use of a DRO (for precision) on the tablesaw to be nearly indispensable.
    What is a DRO?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Grote View Post
    What is a DRO?

Digital Read Out

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I found fence mounted guides to be going on and off so often (and frequently in the way of push sticks/blocks) they were removed.
    That was my experience with the Jessum router table guides. I liked them and they are made extremely well. They just got in my way too many times.

I also like my Woodpecker micro adjuster. That also seldom gets used because of my setup though. My Woodpecker router table/lift is mounted in place of the wing on a PM2000 table saw. With the micro adjuster mounted it gets in the way of the table saw fence on wide cuts. So to use the saw I remove it and being lazy do not put in back on.

What do you have in mind to make?.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.