Thread: Delta Tools customer service

Delta Tools customer service

Anyone have experience with Delta Tools customer service/tech support? I've read some not to favorable reports from a few vendors.

My experience with them has not been good. Although it's been about 5 years ago. I had bought a new TS and needed a part. Unfortunately, they have outsourced their parts and you still cannot find them. Most of the vendors that supposedly carried their parts all said parts no longer available. Much like Craftsman tools before they sold to Stanley-Black and Decker. It is a cause for concern because they still sell that particular saw and they are having issues with the motors in them. Mostly the brake and capacitors. If memory serves me correctly, I think they were bought out by a Chinese company and CS went out the door with it. I for one will not buy another Delta product unless it is old iron where most parts can be found.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    The last time I needed a Delta part, Delta was of no help at all. A local tool store was able to find the part, though it took months to get it. The story I got was that when Delta was yet again sold, the buyer (current owners, I believe. Hard to keep track) destroyed the entire parts inventory for tools that were not currently being sold. That kind of cynical attitude towards the customer has permanently soured me on the company. They made some great machines, but I'll never buy anything new from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    The last time I needed a Delta part, Delta was of no help at all. A local tool store was able to find the part, though it took months to get it. The story I got was that when Delta was yet again sold, the buyer (current owners, I believe. Hard to keep track) destroyed the entire parts inventory for tools that were not currently being sold. That kind of cynical attitude towards the customer has permanently soured me on the company. They made some great machines, but I'll never buy anything new from them.

When Pentair sold Delta /Porter Cable to B&D, the first thing B&D did was to destroy all the old parts, so you would have to buy new tools. When customers didin't fall for this, B&D sold the NAME ONLY to One World Technologies. They have absolutely nothing to do with the Delta tools we grew up lusting over

Blog Entries
    I wish the current folks running under the Delta banner all the luck. I have not gotten any good help or good vibes from them since the last 'restructuring'. At $1000 the Delta 18-900 was a great choice for folks wanting a decent drill press under $2500. Now that it is $1500 I would be hard pressed to go there. That's just an example. What type of a machine are you looking at?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Wow! Thanks for all the input. I was just about to order a new Unisaw and Delta drill press. Guess I'll have to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I wish the current folks running under the Delta banner all the luck. I have not gotten any good help or good vibes from them since the last 'restructuring'. At $1000 the Delta 18-900 was a great choice for folks wanting a decent drill press under $2500. Now that it is $1500 I would be hard pressed to go there. That's just an example. What type of a machine are you looking at?
    I was looking at a Delta 336 UNISAW and a Delta 900L Drill Press. Both tools look impressive on their web site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Arney View Post
    I was looking at a Delta 336 UNISAW and a Delta 900L Drill Press. Both tools look impressive on their web site.
    Those were the 2 machines I was lusting after several years ago, but they were vapor-ware for so long (years) that I gave up & bought elsewhere. I'm very glad I didn't end up with the Delta machines. And yes, on paper they are very, very nice.