Thread: benchtop bandsaws

benchtop bandsaws

im looking to get a 10 inch benchtop bandsaw,,,and the ones i have seen are clones of the rikon,,the thing i dont like about the rikon is the sliding upper aluminum track above the bearings that you have to slide the blade thru to get it on the wheel,,and needless to say it seems like most do have this unless you get a 9 in or a 14 inch,,i even called rikon to see if they had another type of guard rail system for it,,,and he said no and i wasnt the only one who complained about this ,,, ,,my question is,,does anyone know of a 10 inch bandsaw that does not have this,,but does have the flip open door,,,,thank you

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I have the 10" Rikon. It takes only a few seconds to slip the blade through the upper guides & blade guard.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Ditto. If it is that much of a problem, you can cut away all or part of that piece.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Me too, mine is a 10-305 so it's not the current model, but blade changes are very fast and easy.